Question

Can't create HttpServer2 in Admin Console

• 17 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi together,

I tried to create a HttpServer2 in Admin Console but I get the following error:

com.ifsworld.adminconsole.util.JythonScriptExecutor$JSEScriptException: Traceback (innermost last): File "<string>", line 13, in ? NameError: ohs_createInstance

What is the reason for this error message and how to solve it?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Bernd Osterkamp ,

Can you try to create the cluster in a different machine and see whether the issue is related to the VM itself. Make sure that you create the Cluster.zip file again before doing the above as the Cluster.zip file could also have the issue.

Thanks.

To a new fresh server, created new cluster.zip with shut down MWS. Unpacked in the same folder on new host. Create cluster node and then tried to create HttpServer2 and I’m running into the same error. I then tested with another customer cluster.zip and it worked. So it’s not the server which raises the error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Bernd Osterkamp ,

Can you try to create the cluster in a different machine and see whether the issue is related to the VM itself. Make sure that you create the Cluster.zip file again before doing the above as the Cluster.zip file could also have the issue.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The issue persits, anyone with an idea what may be the reason?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I have now set up another Cluster with a DEV environment from another customer.

HttpServer2 creation worked fine.

Maybe the instance name is a problem? It has underscores in it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I have access to my VM again and now Nodemanager is running.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Bernd Osterkamp,

Please check that the nodemanager of the second machine is reachable from the main machine and it is in RUNNING state. 
It seems like the second machine is not reachable when you were trying to create your second Http Server.

Status of the node manager of the second machine

The nodemanager was able to connect but I have reinstalled cluster node and during my deletion of the cluster you have checked. Therefore you got this error message. At the moment the VM was thrown out of Domain and no connnection can be done anymore.

Btw. after reinstallation I got the same error like shown in my initial post.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Bernd Osterkamp,

Please check that the nodemanager of the second machine is reachable from the main machine and it is in RUNNING state. 
It seems like the second machine is not reachable when you were trying to create your second Http Server.

Status of the node manager of the second machine

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Charith Epitawatta yes, I used this documentation. Path is the same, I was able to create a MainServer2, no firewall activated on Server and Servers are in LKP datacenter. No errors during creation or unpacking of cluster.zip

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Bernd Osterkamp,

Have you made sure that the slave node is setup properly as per the following documentation prior to creating the new HTTP server? This is most probably due to an issue in the slave node.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/020_installation/020_installing_fresh_system/040_installing_ifs_applications/030_deploy_middle_tier/hidden_itd/200_configure_cluster_nodes.htm

Hope this helps!