Question

Build Place Azure Repo not showing IFS components

• 15 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I am logged in as Technician in the remote build place. Why don’t I see all IFS componets in the azure repo? What permissions am I missing?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bhavesh,

All the build place users with developer access (Technician, Customer Solution Dev & IFS Product Support Dev) are supposed to have either read or write access to the customer solution repository. If you have access to the repository, you should be able to see all the available components. Please refer to the following documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/020_lifecycle/010_overview/#azure_devops_ado

Might be a good idea to check if other users also have the same problem and report a case to IFS if necessary.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @bhavesh,

All the build place users with developer access (Technician, Customer Solution Dev & IFS Product Support Dev) are supposed to have either read or write access to the customer solution repository. If you have access to the repository, you should be able to see all the available components. Please refer to the following documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/020_lifecycle/010_overview/#azure_devops_ado

Might be a good idea to check if other users also have the same problem and report a case to IFS if necessary.

Hope this helps!

I have the access as Technician. Even if it is Read only access I should be still able to see all IFS components in ADO. The documentation link does not explain much. Can you think of what could be stopping me to get access to view or clone source code?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @bhavesh ,

From 22R2 onwards, the core code can can be downloaded from the download links next to the repository names/link in the build place interface.

The master branch of the customer solution ​repository will only contain ​​​​​​customised code. Here it seems like you do not have any (apart from the content inside the fndbas folder which should be the solutionset and the version.txt).

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Malindu Fernando
https://www.linkedin.com/in/malindu-fernando/

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

In the below screenshot, are both downloads same? I.e. is the highlighted below a customer solution repository with any IFS base core development code plus any customisation code? Compare to the non-highlighted code being just the core code?

When you develop customisation project in the development studio you are required to have Cust workspace where you clone customer solution repository ideally and specify a folder for the core code as below screenshot

Should the core folder contain highlighted downloaded code or the non-highlighted (if both are same). Secondly when you customise any IFS component should that be copied / branched / checkout inside the Cust workspace from the downloaded highlighted code from above?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @bhavesh,

as also others mentioned, customer solution’s content is only customized files. You should download the core files from the portal and unzip  it on a local directory then in the project properties enter the checkout path (ex: c:\22.2.5\chekout)to the core files field. Then you can reach the core files from your project structures most bottom item.