Solved

Aurena - Override Fragment

• 16 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

When will it be possible to override/overtake fragments?
This is a serious hurdle when it comes to porting over customizations from EE to Aurena.

Kind regards,
Sindre Tellevik

icon

Best answer by Andreas Dahllöf 16 December 2019, 11:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

It should be possible by design to do this already. Just choose to Customize This on the fragment and override/overtake the item you are interested in.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

It should be possible by design to do this already. Just choose to Customize This on the fragment and override/overtake the item you are interested in.

When we last tested this (UPD5), we got a compile error. Is this fixed in a newer release?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

There is too little information here to be able to know, is it possible to provide more details?

Are you getting the error when generating the code, or deploying it?

Can the error be from the newly added code? If the customized file is added empty, or with just a small modification, does it generate an error then?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

There is too little information here to be able to know, is it possible to provide more details?

Are you getting the error when generating the code, or deploying it?

Can the error be from the newly added code? If the customized file is added empty, or with just a small modification, does it generate an error then?

Sorry for the lack of information,
I tried again today, and I think I missed the part where you had to customize the dependent objects and include the “include fragment” line in it too.

Seems like it works, except for simple group overrides (got “syntax error” when trying to override the label).

-- Tried both...

@Override
group TimeCardSummaryGroup {
label = "Hours Summary TEST";
}

-- ...and...

@Override
group TimeCardSummaryGroup for HoursSummaryStructure {
label = "Hours Summary TEST";
}

Closing this as it seems to be resolved 👍

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Ok, just to comment on the input:

You should not have to add any “include fragment” lines. When you customize a fragment the layer concept should merge the core fragment parts with the custom fragment parts, so all includes from core should be kept.

The override of a group should work, it does when I test. It could be that you placed it in an incorrect place in the fragment file. The fragment is divided in 2 parts, client functionality and projection functionality, and the syntax which is supported is different. The client parts has to be under the divider:

----------------------------- CLIENT FRAGMENTS ------------------------------

Anyway, to sum it up, this functionality should work by design, so problems in this area should be considered as bugs.