Solved

Aurena Lobby Element

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I am using IFS10 Update 7.

I have been able to design a lobby element that pulls back data in Enterprise Explorer but doesn’t work when viewed in Aurena.

Aurena:

Enterprise Explorer:

icon

Best answer by anmise 25 March 2020, 15:06

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I am not an expert on lobby design but as I understand you will have to have an Aurena designated element which have links navigating to a “Web Access URL Address” pointing at an Aurena page rather than the “URL address” which points to an form in IEE.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The Change Request Lobby element that is above is designated as an Aurena element.  Interestingly it only shows data when I view it in Enterprise Exploerer.  Just shows the X when viewed in Aurena.  What and where would I need to put in the URL Address to make it work?

Userlevel 7

The Change Request Lobby element that is above is designated as an Aurena element.  Interestingly it only shows data when I view it in Enterprise Exploerer.  Just shows the X when viewed in Aurena.  What and where would I need to put in the URL Address to make it work?

If you hover over the element, do you see an error message in the tool tip? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

In Aurena I am not getting anything when I hover over the element.

Userlevel 7

In Aurena I am not getting anything when I hover over the element.

If you log in as Application Owner, does it work then? Can you share an export of the data source and element?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I will try to get back to your follow-up question on where to add URL link for Aurena elements.So for Aurena pages I understand that “Web Access URL Address”  in Lobby Element Designer should point to the Aurena page you want to navigate to (yellow marking below): I am using a Transport Task element as example.

If using the element in IEE it would instead be the field for URL address pointing to the corresponding IEE client that is used (and Web Access URL Address field being empty)

But these links are primarly to support navigation to the page behind the element.

Actually the problem you describe seems to be more related to the actual data displayed in element as such and I think that is defined in data source designer. The elements that I have tried out copying from IEE to Aurena still have the same definitions in data source designer and display values in both Aurena and IEE.

Then again I am not an expert on lobbies, hopefully anmise can help out here to see what the problem is.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

First thank you for your post and continuing to help me figure this out.

To be clear I am trying to get the initial data to load when you open in Aurena.  No click just want to see the list with data for starters.  All I get is the X in the middle shown in the screen shot above.

Here is my Element in design mode:

Client Type: Aurena

Preview the data works.  Will not show this data in Aurena using Chrome.

Userlevel 7

First thank you for your post and continuing to help me figure this out.

To be clear I am trying to get the initial data to load when you open in Aurena.  No click just want to see the list with data for starters.  All I get is the X in the middle shown in the screen shot above.

Here is my Element in design mode:

Client Type: Aurena

Preview the data works.  Will not show this data in Aurena using Chrome.

What’s the view you are using for your data source? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Data Source Screen Shots:

Userlevel 7

Data Source Screen Shots:

I did some testing and I get the same result. It seems the issue is related to the query builder. I built two data sources and elements based on the same view (ECO_REQUEST_EXT_CFV) and the one where the data source is SQL works fine.

To make matters worse, if I only add the element with data from the query builder, the lobby page doesn’t work at all.

So two things, as a work around you can create the element using SQL instead of the query builder and second, please raise a case to IFS Support so that they can fix this asap. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you for the help.  I was able to create a SQL Data Element and it works in Aurena!!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I am having this same issue, except I am already using an SQL data source. Any suggestions?

My counter shows ‘2’ in EE, but just an ‘X’ in Aurena.

Data Source
Aurena Element
Element Designer

Userlevel 7

I am having this same issue, except I am already using an SQL data source. Any suggestions?

My counter shows ‘2’ in EE, but just an ‘X’ in Aurena.

Data Source
Aurena Element
Element Designer

If you hover over the element, what does it say? Does Chrome Dev tools report any error when you load the lobby?

I have seen this a few times and I believe it has happened when I've made a copy of a different source/element, but not 100% sure. Could you try creating the data source and element from scratch again? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes, the screenshot above was actually all done from scratch. We had initially tried copying an existing element so I wanted to rule out that as the issue as well :slight_smile:

No error comes up when I load the lobby in Aurena.

I also tried creating a different simple data source and element (both from scratch), and had the same issue:

Data Source Designer
Element Designer

When I hover over the element in Aurena, it just displays the name of the element. Nothing comes up if I hover over the X:

Aurena Element

Userlevel 7

Yes, the screenshot above was actually all done from scratch. We had initially tried copying an existing element so I wanted to rule out that as the issue as well :slight_smile:

No error comes up when I load the lobby in Aurena.

I also tried creating a different simple data source and element (both from scratch), and had the same issue:

Data Source Designer
Element Designer

When I hover over the element in Aurena, it just displays the name of the element. Nothing comes up if I hover over the X:

Aurena Element

Can you try prefix '&AO.' for the view? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I added the prefix ‘&AO.’ for both of the data sources I am testing, and there was no change in Aurena for either of the elements.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thank you!

Aurena Element
Data Source Designer

Userlevel 7

I added the prefix ‘&AO.’ for both of the data sources I am testing, and there was no change in Aurena for either of the elements.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thank you!

Aurena Element
Data Source Designer

I created the same lobby element and it works for me.

Which Upd are you on? Can you please try to refresh the cache using the URL below and then open the lobby again?

https://SERVER_URL:PORT/main/ifsapplications/web/server/lobby/page/clear-cache

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I was able to clear the cache, but am still not seeing data in Aurena for these elements.

We are on APPS 10 update 6, but scheduled to go to 7/8 next week. I can try this again after our update and see if that makes a difference. 

Userlevel 7

I was able to clear the cache, but am still not seeing data in Aurena for these elements.

We are on APPS 10 update 6, but scheduled to go to 7/8 next week. I can try this again after our update and see if that makes a difference. 

Do any of the elements on your page work? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes, all of the standard out-of-the-box Aurena elements work. The issue is only when we try to create a custom element.

Userlevel 7

Yes, all of the standard out-of-the-box Aurena elements work. The issue is only when we try to create a custom element.

Ok, so you’ve added the element to a standard page? 

Can you make sure the presentation object has been granted to a permission set? Just click on the hyperlink in the information section. And do the the same thing for the data source just to make sure. 

If that doesn’t help, I’m kind of out of ideas. You said when you open DevTools in Chrome and refresh the lobby page that you don’t get any issues in the network tab, right?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@anmise  No permission sets were granted. Updating that fixed our issue! Thank you so much for all your help with this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi All,

Good Day

@anmise @Johan Lundström @clint1028 @hreavis 

I need help on 2 issues that i am facing in my implementation project currently. The issue is linked to above post so not creating new post for this.

1. For standard lobbies and custom created lobbies for Aurena client, i got error as per first reply by André Michalski ( @anmise ) on this post. “Cannot load page”, Screenshot is in the reply above. I did some research and found some work around accidently. Can anybody suggest how this can be fixed permanently if solution available or we have to log a case with IFS. Refer attached MS WORD document of case study.
  2. I am not able to write the Web URL for destination Aurena page as per the attached PDF guide which I found in different post in community. Want to know the format of URL that has to be used for navigation purpose. Do i have to paste the entire URL of aurena page or till what point the URL of aurena page has to be used. Whether correct format is page/projection name/aurena page name. I have created a lobby data source as below and pie chart where it shows the WO count per status. Now i want to navigate to ‘Active Work Order’ aurena web page when any specific chuck of Pie Chart is clicked for that specific status.

LOBBY PAGE DETAILS
DATA SOURCE DETAILS
LOBBY ELEMENT - Whether highlighted URL correct in yellow colour ?
AURENA LOBBY PAGE

Your valuable suggestion will help a lot. Thanks for your reply in advance.

Regards,

Srinivas

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

After a day of research, we found that LOBBY elements don’t display in AURENA (but sadly work fine in IEE) when using QUERY BUILDER to join two or more tables. We also weren’t able to use a Lobby Data Source of Type = SQL to create the table joins either (if actually supported by IFS I’d love an example) so now we are looking into creating an IAL which we’ll do as last resort instead of a custom view in Oracle.

Tom Bowe at Bell Labs

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @clint1028,

Not sure if this addresses the exact issue which you are facing. But I found that a similar issue has been raised to IFS Support in the past and RnD has provided the below explanation.

“In Aurena Lobby, Presentation Object security is checked when accessing a data source. If a data source is not granted a Presentation Object, it cannot be accessed through Aurena Lobby. This is implemented since Aurena Lobby is a REST service and such checks are necessary to strengthen security.IEE Lobby has a different architecture. It checks Presentation Object security at the page level. So it is possible to view an element or a datasource without Presentation Object grants within a page. Accordingly when we give Administrative privileges to the user in IEE we are able to see the lobby element which is as designed in IEE unlike in Aurena Lobby.”

Best Regards,
Thanushi