Question

Apps 10 - specific personal user profile keeps getting corrupted

• 14 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello. Our main business is located in the US. We have users in Europe, and we’re on the same instance of IFS. One specific personal user profile keeps getting corrupted in IFS and won’t allow the European user to login using it. They try it on multiple computers on their end and get this message: 

Your user profile could not be loaded… the operation has timed out… 

It then won’t allow them to login. We tried logging in from my machine (US), and I didn’t get any error.

This user has two logins, and the other one never gets corrupted. He doesn’t change the profile, so isn’t sure what’s going on. 

Any ideas? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @KKSloane 

did you try to clean the client via CMD?

1. Remove the file 2.0 in: 

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps

2. Start cmd as admin and enter this:

rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Have you compared the settings of the two logins the european user has?  Are there any major differences in the user settings, base profile assigned or the permission sets?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @KKSloane,

User profile is saved to the database each time the user exits the client. So if there are any connectivity issues, that could cause the profile to corrupt. 

Please also check if this user has more than 3 records in FNDRR_USER_CLIENT_PROFILE_TAB in the database and check the ORDINAL column.

Three records would be as below:

• A record for the current Personal Profile (assigned by default upon creation of the user) ORDINAL = 0
  • A record for the current Base Profile (assigned by an admin using the Solution Manager.) ORDINAL = 1
  • A record for the "IFS Standard" profile (assigned by the system the first time the user logs in) ORDINAL =9

A user cannot have more than 1 default personal profiles and could cause issues.

You could try clearing the whole personal profile and see if the user still gets the issue after that. However this would remove all the personalized changes the user made and the user would have to redo them all from scratch. If you go for that option, make sure to export and take a backup of the user’s personal profile so that you can restore it later if necessary. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks, all. I did do all these things at the time and they didn’t help.

@Link I didn’t think about clearing the profile itself locally, but it was happening on multiple machines. I did clear the cache at the time, and that didn’t help, either.

@Hypervox The users had the same base profile. Obviously, they don’t have the same personal profile or the exact same permission sets. But it worked when I logged in on my machine, so that isn’t the issue.

@Charith Epitawatta . That is one of the things I checked. They just had one personal profile and it was the one set to default. They also had a Base Profile, but it’s used by many, many people so it wasn’t that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

So just to confirm - you have cleared the personal profile for the affected user?

@Hypervox , yes. I realize that wasn’t clear!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

If you select a default language for the user that does not exist in your database.  Then the system has trouble because it cannot load the correct language.

I have also noticed that there is a limit to how large the profile can be.  We have issues from time to time with users that have access to a large amount of the system and the profile can get to be too large to load. 

The other area that we have noticed large profiles is in the Quick Reports area.  In the Quick Reports it is possible to click the Save button.  This saves the parameters used to run the report.  We had users that thought clicking save would save the report.  So, they clicked it every time they ran the quick report.  This generates a lot of extra entries in the profile.