Question

Add new language in application 10?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Community,

How can add new language in IFS 10 application and want to see whenever i execute order report.

like.. here are shown only English language .I need one more language which is i want use my report.

Please assist us, how can achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Adarsh,

It depends on the report and the place you need to use it. Sometimes you may need to build the language files separately from the core and apply it to the system through a delivery. It is better to log a case to IFS and get it analyzed by consultant depending on your environment and use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Adarsh thanks for the question, I was going to raise the same question to IFS Support. 

@Ragaventhan Sathananda is it correct if I assume you are affiliated to IFS Support? I have the same requirement. e.g. for the report Delivery Note for Shipment, we use 3 internally modified layouts used by different sites. We need to translate all 3 of them into French. Can you kindly let me know if this can be done through the support agreement by raising a case to IFS Support? We are having gold level support in IFS which covers Customization Support. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @EnzoFerrari,

This is the order to fetch these settings in IEE print dialog. Below is some information received from RnD which might help.

1. When ordering a report from an application business flow (not using order report navigator node) developer can specify a language.
2. If 1st requirements not set the language and locale settings, then it will fetch from the EE login settings.
3. If 1st and 2nd requirements not set the language and locale settings, then it will fetch from the report formatter settings.
4. If 1st, 2nd and 3rd requirements not set the language and locale settings, then it will fetch from the JVM setting
5. If 1st, 2nd,3rd and 4th requirements not set the language and locale settings, then it will fetch from the server machine setting
6. If above all requirements not set the language and locale settings, then it will get en-US.

However, I’m guessing that in your scenario you don’t have any other language installed in IFSHOME. You can always check by go to this path “IFS_HOME\repository\client\runtime” in application server and check whether there is any other folder other than “en-US”. If you don’t have any other language folders, that’s mean you don’t have installed more languages. Therefore, better to talk with consulting teams to sort this out.

Furthermore, if you have language folders in IFS_HOME then you can check above 6 points and validate why the language is not showing.

Thank You,

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Chamath Dhammearachchi thanks alot, I will check this :pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Noticed that a useful IFS webinar is coming up related to this topic as well. Looking forward to that. 

Hopefully we can raise our questions there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Chamaka Wimalarathne hope you could address on this too in the session. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Yasas Kasthuriarachchi  the given scenario has been already prepared under specials scenarios of report translations .

@EnzoFerrari - Translations is a vast area and the presentation is covering both technical and functional aspects in a balance manner , I would be happy to add more content as per the audience needs, so if you want …you can mail me any question , and I might be able to create a simulation and add them to the presentation. so if the time becomes a boundary this can be eliminated.
chamaka.wimalarathne@ifs.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Answer to this question is in simple double check. I call it as the language availability check/

• Check used language window and see whether the language is open for translations .

get the report REP name . you can get it from report definitions.

Search than name in the text translation window .

• It should be either not available or not translated for the desired language.

Request the specific team Project team/partner/GSD to send the required translation file .

We will be discussing more scenarios like such in a simulation perspective in the webinar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

You may get some more information from the below post as well. Check whether the related translations for the given report including the report title was done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna , looks like the link you shared has no external access enabled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

Ok. I want you all to check the below point. I have mentioned that in my answer as well. Here in this case they need to get the translation to print dialog box - drop down

I assume that the used language settings were correctly set for ‘Open for translation’ and ‘Translation installed’ columns.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dumeesha Wanigarathna 

Used language tab  can be used to activate a language , or make a language translatable .
But if the report related translation ( at least the report name ) is not available you will not be able to get the language to the drop down.  

That is why I used the language availability check method mentioned above. 

Answer to this question is in simple double check. I call it as the language availability check/

• Check used language window and see whether the language is open for translations .

get the report REP name . you can get it from report definitions.

Search than name in the text translation window .

• It should be either not available or not translated for the desired language.

Request the specific team Project team/partner/GSD to send the required translation file .

We will be discussing more scenarios like such in a simulation perspective in the webinar.