Question

Activate Rowkey on ShopOrd receiving error message - Argument DISABLE_TRIGGERS_ is of an unsupported data type. ORA-20105: Transaction.UNSUPPORT_DATATYPE

• 13 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I am trying to add a custom field in Production that I was able to add in Test.  I tried activating the rowkey on ShopOrd on the Shop Orders Screen and received the following error when trying to run as background job.

Argument DISABLE_TRIGGERS_ is of an unsupported data type.   ORA-20105: Transaction.UNSUPPORT_DATATYPE

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

we got the below information from our RnD team regarding this issue in a previous occurrence.

Database_Sys.Enable_Rowkey method has a parameter of type BOOLEAN. Background processing does not support procedures with parameter type BOOLEAN. This is to cater an Oracle limitation in binding variables. So, it is not possible to run the above method in background. Hence you are getting this error.

RnD have identified this as a limitation due to oracle and they will change this functionality in next IFS versions. 
Hence, the customer needs to remove/disable the two options (Background Job, Schedule Background job) in Activate RowKey dialog box

IFS Solution : 299286

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello….Can I run as Direct?

That was how I ran it in Test.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes, it will work as only two background options (Background Job, Schedule Background job) gives the mentioned error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @EDCLISA,

Was the issue sorted?

Best Regards,
Bhagya