Solved

What will become of the old IFS Forum (Open IFS)?

• 16 October 2019
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Anyone on top what will happen with the old IFS forum called Open IFS?

https://open.ifsworld.com/forum/default.aspx

Still seems to be active discussions going on there, and  no comments about switching to the new community.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 17 October 2019, 07:57

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello Björn, nice to “see you around”. Me nowdays as a customer has no other information about this than the release àt the WoCo and the invitaion mail. Can it be that this is to replace the OpenIFS Forum? It seems to me it’s the same idea with some other graphical layout 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Björn - This community will replace Open IFS. We haven’t quite decided what will become of that space though. There is quite a bit of useful information there, that might be best saved as a read-only archive. We will keep you posted as we make decisions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks both! Agree we should shift to using this new forum only. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @KristenGastaldo

Thanks for acknowledging the fact that the openIFS forum contains a lot of valuable content (I tried to be active there, both in public and internal discussions, and used it as a sort of FAQ). It would be sad to see all the knowledge there go away. For sure, a lot might be old and not relevant, but a lot still is. The only tricky thing might be to understand how much of the “public” forum discussions one would want to make really open, like it will be here. Even the public content there required “moderated registration”, I think, so things were not completely open.

/Mathias - forum fan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Great to see this initiative, I was actually baffled why there was no forum where anyone could join and ask/respond as many top tier ERP vendors do. A closed forum open for a selected audience wasn’t gonna help. This will help spread the knowledge and awareness of IFS Apps (hopefully the pages will get indexed on Google).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Great to see this initiative, I was actually baffled why there was no forum where anyone could join and ask/respond as many top tier ERP vendors do. A closed forum open for a selected audience wasn’t gonna help. This will help spread the knowledge and awareness of IFS Apps (hopefully the pages will get indexed on Google).

Pages are being indexed as you type! It’ll just take a while for the community to show up in the top results, but I have no doubt we’ll get there.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Kristen, 
When our customer users need access to Scope Tool, they are asked to request access to openIFS. We need to give our customers an alternative to openIFS, if you decide to have it only as a read-only space. 

Badge +1

Hi Anica,

Isnt it possible to use a standard request mechanism like LCS for Scope Tool access requests ?

Best Regards,

/Nuwan

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Nuwan, 
LCS is not accessible to our customers.  To receive access to Scope tool, the customers must request an account in the IFS portal. Since there is no Scope Tool check-box option, our customers are requested to select the openIFS check-box instead, as it is the most “generic”choice. Otherwise they would have had to select Super user, limited user or read-only access and that makes no sense when they only want access to Scope tool. 

Kind regards, 
Anica 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey Anica - For the time being, openIFS will remain the check box for you guys to refer customers to. OpenIFS is being utilized in a couple other ways, so we’ll be leaving it as is - but adding a banner ad and links, suggesting that users come and create topics in this space. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks, Kristen! 
It will make the Scope Tool process a little bit easier. Much appreciated. :relaxed:

Kind regards, 
Anica

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank for the advice. The issues with openIFS is that a lot of the useful connect is in Wiki  format rather than a Q&A.  For example  The Partner network pages that when you need more details on AQS there refer you Wikis on openIFS. 

https://open.ifsworld.com/wiki/Wiki%20Pages/AQS%20Overview%20and%20Content.aspx

Open option; would be an a wider more open Sharepoint Site in MyIFS. Sharepoint Supports Wikis and Document management.