What resource would help you most right now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Community, 

We’re looking to create some resources for you, but would like your help in creating the list of what you need. Our thought is to start hosting regular webinars, where we do live how-to demos. 

Is there an area you’d like to learn more about? 

Please post any suggestions in the comments below and like any replies that you’d be interested in as well. 

38 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

How to do (resource) planning on work orders!

Badge +2

How to use the module for Process FMEA?

I’m using IFS 8.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Webinar on replication/data syncronization. Particularly replication of custom objects. 

also perhaps it could be cool for IFS to facilitate webinar sessions where different customers can share how they are using a certain parts of the platform. 
I Think one of the coolest things with the ifs platforn is how much you actually can configure within standard using custom objects to make flows/processes smoother. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

A webinar on IFS OEE

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Not really a webinar request, but I would really love an IFS data dictionary/entity relationship diagram for the core standard modules.

As far as I know IFS has never had one of these, but even providing one for just the base release of each major version (even if not updated for Updates) would be incredibly valuable.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Creating Permission Sets 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

A big help for us would be being able to access recordings of webinars afterwards. The webinars that are scheduled are not timed very friendly for Australia, but if we were able to access them afterwards, we could still benefit from them.

Another big help for us would be being able to get notifications/updates about upcoming or now available IFS updates/release notes via RSS. I use Feedly to keep track of all my industry news, and patch release notifications (for services that support it) and having IFS in here would be extremely helpful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

A big help would be a comprehensive documentation about tax handling in sales, Purchasing and all other order modules. 

Tax handling in IFS can be very complex. 

Even experienced IFS users are not able to identify the necessery steps to handle an error message like “A tax code is required when supplier tax validation has Transaction Level selected on Company, Tax Control Tab.”

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Webinar on Demand Planning connection to IPR will be great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

A big help for us would be being able to access recordings of webinars afterwards. The webinars that are scheduled are not timed very friendly for Australia, but if we were able to access them afterwards, we could still benefit from them.

Most of our webinars are available on demand, after the event. They aren’t in a centralized location though - often with individual landing pages, or rounds ups (like WoCo or Mindfuel videos). Is there one in particular you’re looking for? 

If you register for anything you’re interested in, but can’t attend, you should get an email with a link to watch after (sometimes it can take a couple days). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Another big help for us would be being able to get notifications/updates about upcoming or now available IFS updates/release notes via RSS. I use Feedly to keep track of all my industry news, and patch release notifications (for services that support it) and having IFS in here would be extremely helpful.

I like this idea. Right now, you can subscribe to the customer-only related sections of the community for news and release notes. Not the same as your feed, but would at least get the info in your inbox. 

Product Release Notes for Customers/Partners

Customer News and Announcements

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Webinar on Demand Planning connection to IPR will be great!

Roby,

It is not a webinar, but here are 2 documents that take you through Demand Planner and IPR (including how IPR uses the data in demand planner).

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Most of our webinars are available on demand, after the event. They aren’t in a centralized location though - often with individual landing pages, or rounds ups (like WoCo or Mindfuel videos). Is there one in particular you’re looking for? 

If you register for anything you’re interested in, but can’t attend, you should get an email with a link to watch after (sometimes it can take a couple days). 

I was mainly talking about the events in the “Events Calendar” on the side of the community home page. That is a good solution for me though if I can just sign up and watch later.

Thank you :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I like this idea. Right now, you can subscribe to the customer-only related sections of the community for news and release notes. Not the same as your feed, but would at least get the info in your inbox. 

I had a look and can’t see any subscribe option on those pages anywhere. I missing something obvious or do I have to go somewhere specific?

Badge +1

Hello all together,

as I am a user from the DACHI region, sitting in my office in Germany, are there any plans to offer support in other languages? I’d really like to take part in discussions and ask for help, but I’m afraid of misunderstandings because of language barriers.

Thanks in advance

Holger

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Issue material disproportional between multiple shop orders

Share reported time disproportional between multiple shop order

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Profile Settings. Changes in base profiles are wiped out by personal settings, many times I have to do in personal profiles which is not very convenient.

Also a great document on Securities will be helpful.

Badge

IFS FSM Pricing templates - how to configure surcharges

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Profile Settings. Changes in base profiles are wiped out by personal settings, many times I have to do in personal profiles which is not very convenient.

Also a great document on Securities will be helpful.

I agree and how to lock down the home page so users aren't making changes or deleting what’s there.

Permission sets and the use of Activities to ensure hidden permissions are not being embedded.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I would like webinars on best practices in scaling & administering IFS:

Running IFS updates to IEE and the TouchApp server (TAS).

Basics on best backup and restore for MWS, Database and TAS

What’s the difference between backing up and cloning a MWS

When to add more resources?

What security applications will require exceptions for IFS.

Starting/stopping services

How is the current MWS file directory mapped & what do all those directories in IFS MWS mean

When to set up a load balancer and when such may impede effectiveness.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I had a look and can’t see any subscribe option on those pages anywhere. I missing something obvious or do I have to go somewhere specific?

No, you’re right! I’m sorry - I misspoke about the functionality. You can subscribe to categories in the community (Assets, Financials, etc) but not to the Knowledgebase, which is where these are located. You currently cannot subscribe. I’ll see if I can figure out a workaround for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hello all together,

as I am a user from the DACHI region, sitting in my office in Germany, are there any plans to offer support in other languages? I’d really like to take part in discussions and ask for help, but I’m afraid of misunderstandings because of language barriers.

Thanks in advance

Holger

Hi Holger - As a side note, there are many community members who are not native English speakers. Please don’t feel discouraged from participating!

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hello all together,

Thanks in advance

Holger

Kristen - does this platform offer a ‘translate’ function for posts similar to what I see in Facebook?
@Holger Weichert - don’t be too concerned.  What you wrote here looks fine!  We’ll work with the language barriers.  :-)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

It will be very useful to have specific information/documentation about IFS securities. We are in the middle of a project, updating IFS 9 from UDP6 to UDP17 and having a data dictionary about new database objects added by the updates will be very useful.

A database model is another piece of documentation that could be very useful for reporting purposes.

Many thanks

Miguel

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello

I’d like to know functionality and back office of IFS CONNECT, BizAPI, WebAPI.

/Wiktor