What resource would help you most right now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Community, 

We’re looking to create some resources for you, but would like your help in creating the list of what you need. Our thought is to start hosting regular webinars, where we do live how-to demos. 

Is there an area you’d like to learn more about? 

Please post any suggestions in the comments below and like any replies that you’d be interested in as well. 

38 replies

Permission Sets: Best practice recommendations for permissions sets and basic instruction would be incredibly helpful. We’ve developed it over many years and it works, but now we need a fresh and best practice approach.

Work Order Flow for ERP customers: IEE and Aurena Work Orders would be very useful to us. So much information out there is based on FSM, but we are a long-time ERP customer and it was recommended to us by IFS that the best component would be Mobile Work Order so that’s the route we took. We are beginning our upgrade and are most likley looking at a blend of IEE/Aurena/Mobile Work Order for the solution end-to-end. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Resource planning on work tasks - several resources per work task. Resource planning is done on resource group level, and several resource groups can be connected to one work task. 

Connected with time reporting per resource group and follow up.

Badge +1

Hi Community, 

We’re looking to create some resources for you, but would like your help in creating the list of what you need. Our thought is to start hosting regular webinars, where we do live how-to demos. 

Please post any suggestions in the comments below and like any replies that you’d be interested in as well. 

Great Initiative

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Community, 

Hi @KristenGastaldo ,

I would like to see a demo of the technical side of Aurena: going through existing configurations that are common on Apps 9 Enterprise Explorer and how to replicate them in the Apps 10 Aurena client.

Such as:

• User Setup
  • Permission Sets
  • Profiles
  • Configuring screens (page designer)
  • Custom Objects (Fields, LUs, Menus,...)
  • Custom Events
  • Data Migration Jobs
  • Integrations

Not just “this is how it is done on Apps10” but “I have this in Apps9 how do I achieve the same result in Apps10”.

Many customers upgrading to Apps10/Apps2020 will be asking these questions - let’s make it easy for them.

Cheers,

Pete

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Profile Settings. Changes in base profiles are wiped out by personal settings, many times I have to do in personal profiles which is not very convenient.

Also a great document on Securities will be helpful.

Hi @KHALIDU and @Miguel ,
I would like to recommend the following sections in IFS Technical Documentation, if you haven’t gone through them already :)
1. Manage User Profiles
2. About User Profiles
3. Security (Development)
4. Security Checkpoints and Security Checkpoints Configurations
5. Installation options > Security

Also feel free to search your query in IFS Community since we may have exact answers for your specific questions :)

Hope the above will be helpful.

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

A webinar on operations statistics and how IFS calculates the productivity / efficiencies would be great!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

It would be very useful to have information on Business Reporter and how the BR execution server works.

Many Thanks

Badge +2

Creating Permission Sets in Aurena

Badge +1

I am looking for ways to integrate IFS and our eCommerce platform and hoping to discover others that have done so successfully.

Thanks,

Walter

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

Bizapi development would be perfect.

Regards,

Hasan

Badge +2

Webinar on IFS OEE. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Export Control using Aurena client

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

A big help would be a comprehensive documentation about tax handling in sales, Purchasing and all other order modules. 

Tax handling in IFS can be very complex. 

Even experienced IFS users are not able to identify the necessery steps to handle an error message like “A tax code is required when supplier tax validation has Transaction Level selected on Company, Tax Control Tab.”

@JohannesWittwer today I came across this error I noticed in a background job when trying to release a CO. Can you please advise me regarding that?