Solved

Moving favorites folder.

• 8 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

A collegue of mine accidentally placed their favorites folder within another folder, and it doesn’t seem to be a way to move it back outside and be a freestanding folder together with the rest of the folders. Basically the favorites folder has become a “sub-folder” of another folder. Is there a way to move it back outside and make it freestanding again, together with the rest of the folders in the “main” hierarchy? 

Possibly I could just make a new folder outside, and drag the content into it, but in this case I would like to keep the “star” icon for favorites.

I should probably mention that I haven’t been using the IFS app9 for too long, and are not 100% sure how all the function works yet.

I’m adding a picture in hopes it will make the question easier to understand. Just imagine that the green highlighted folder is the “favorites” folder and I want it out of its main folder to be its own without being a subfolder anymore.

icon

Best answer by Thilini Weerasooriya 8 December 2021, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Robin,

Did you try right click on the favorites folder → restore → restore node

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Definitely Restore Node is the only way to put top level folders back, you can’t drag them back

Badge +2

Thank you both for your answers. If I use the restore node option, do I still keep what is saved within the folder, or do they go away, since you restore it in some way, or are the entire folder “reset” and I lose all the saved favorites?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

All the content within the folder will remain as it is after restoring the folder. 

Badge +2

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help!