Solved

Is there an IFS Community App?

• 22 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

At this years SAKO the leadership team challenged us to think of ways to improve the IFS Community.

My immediate thought is there an App for the Community? It would be allowed me to access content in the community quickly from my phone and also notify me of updates to things I have subscribed to or posted/liked.  Hopefully allowing people to contribute and interact as they do on Social Media platforms.  

I would welcome any thoughts on the topic. :grinning:

icon

Best answer by KristenGastaldo 22 January 2020, 16:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

At this years SAKO the leadership team challenged us to think of ways to improve the IFS Community.

My immediate thought is there an App for the Community? It would be allowed me to access content in the community quickly from my phone and also notify me of updates to things I have subscribed to or posted/liked.  Hopefully allowing people to contribute and interact as they do on Social Media platforms.  

I would welcome any thoughts on the topic. :grinning:

It’s a good idea, although I think the community adjusts quite nicely depending on device size, and at least you can subscribe to get an email. An app would be sweet but as far as I could see, Insided doesn’t currently provide one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey Alex - Right now there isn’t an app for this platform, nor is it on their roadmap. The site is optimized for mobile use though. Have you used the site from your phone yet? I do see the benefits of having alerts in an app - rather than just email notifications. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The optimized site works fine for text, but it's not too good for images as are presented really small objects like graphics/tables or screenshots as they cant be resized/zoomed in on.

On the notifications side of things, the email notifies you have had a response but doesn’t give you any detail, which then means you have to use the link to go to the post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

On the notifications side of things, the email notifies you have had a response but doesn’t give you any detail, which then means you have to use the link to go to the post. 

You should at least get a preview of the content in email notifications. Let me know if that’s not the case for you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes, I do get the notifications in my email. 

Userlevel 7

You should at least get a preview of the content in email notifications. Let me know if that’s not the case for you. 

I believe that you only get the preview if it's directly addressed to you e.g. quote.