Introduce Yourself

• 12 November 2019
  • 52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hello Community! Let’s all get to know each other. Reply below with these details:

Who are you?

What’s your industry and profession?

What IFS products are you using? How long have you been using them?

Where are you located?

And a fun fact: You can share your favorite vacation spot, favorite book, place on your bucket list, picture of your pet, etc. Anything you’d like to share!

52 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I’m Ged Pierce, IT Manager at Unipart Powertrain Applications in Coventry (UK). We manufacture Fuel Tanks, Fuel Rails and Fuel Fillers for Tier 1 automotive customers such as Jaguar Land Rover.

I took over responsibility for IFS 7 in 2016 and had technical responsibility for our re-implementation of IFS 10 which went live in August 2019, making use of the improved functionality and capabilities of the new version.

I used to hate IFS, but now I love it! :grin:

Hey all!

I’m Adam (Taylor), AKA Bert or Big Adam… not sure about why for the last one tbh, but apparently I look a bit like Bert off The Big Bang Theory.  Not sure how I feel about that.

I’m the Data Systems Architect here at UPA and work with Ged (he’s my boss), and I was heavily involved in the implementation of Apps10 with him.  Certainly was a steep learning curve for me as have mainly been a T-SQL/Microsoft house DB guy until now, so to (a) start using an ERP system for the first time, (b) use Oracle in anger for the first time and (c) migrate our systems from a system implemented in 2006 to upgrade go to to 2019 edition, was certainly… challenging!

I manage the manufacturing systems and data provisions for the business, which means I’m currently mopping up and tweaking reports, playing with Crystal, creating and adjusting IALs and building custom objects to integrate the systems with our shop floor production equipment, and learning the ...interesting… ways of doing certain things.

Looking forward to being an active part of the forum - I certainly have a lot of questions :D

Have an awesome day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

My name is Tom Greenwood and I work for IFS as a PSO Consultant.

I originally joined 360 Scheduling in 2008 as a support consultant, 360 were later acquired by IFS in 2010. 

I continued working in the support team, gaining a lot of experience with 360 Scheduling (now PSO) as well as Mobile Work Order and more recently FSM, right up to December 2019 when I joined the UK Consultancy team to help out on PSO and PSO/FSM implementations.

I’m located in Grantham, England - not far from Nottingham. Outside of IFS I love spending time with my family, playing Tennis and cycling :)

Hopefully I can help to answer a few of your questions on this forum !

All the best,

Tom

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi everyone,

My name’s Henry de LABAREYRE. I’ve been for 5 years at 7opteam and now I’m the person in charge of the 7Opteam customers using PSO in production.

7Opteam is an IFS partner and based in Nantes (West of France). We integrate and host in the cloud for our customers IFS PSO solution.

I started as a developer and as a PSO consultant when PSO was still called IFS 360 Scheduling.

I’m glad to share my experience in PSO and to get your feedback on this amazing solution.

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello, IFS Community!!

My name is Christy Perdue, a Business Architect with Corning Data.  Prior to last year, I had spent most of my career in the steel industry (operations, supply chain & finance) and by happenstance, have spent nearly 1/3 of my career involved in some level of ERP implementation.  IFS was my 3rd ERP implementation many years ago (prior to 7.5) and by far has been my favorite ERP system to work with.

In my spare time, I enjoy raising and showing American Quarter horses in the sport of reining (a link for those that are curious about the sport): 

I also enjoy a collection of other outdoor activities, time with friends and family as well as a never ending list of house/farm projects.

Best Regards-

Christy

Badge +2

Pankaj Gupta - Working on IFS Applications from Version 2001 onwards and now on IFS10.

I Work in India. Worked with IFS India for Over 12 years.

Now Working in One of the biggest technology company  and supporting One of the oldest IFS Client in Consumer Product Industry. Recently Upgraded IFS from 8 to 10UPD5.

Love to Drive and favorite book - 5 am club by Robin Sharma and 

Love to support any one who gets struck on IFS Technical Front. 

Pankaj: I am Raja Natarajan PE. I am a retired Freelance Virtual Consultant Engineer and would like to seek assignments in Project Management.  I have over twenty years of Power plant experience working with Commercial Nuclear Plants. I would like to partner with someone who is using IFS applications. I am presently In New Jersey USA. Please advise. Kind Regards. Raja/-

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi IFS Community,

I am new in IFS since March 2020. I am currently working as a Head of BPM which requires that I understand IFS and get to know my way around in IFS. ERP systems are guiding me in my career since 1998 and I am still excited about them!

I hope to find a lot of useful information and “meet” great people in this community!

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Welcome, Bart!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In my spare time, I enjoy raising and showing American Quarter horses in the sport of reining (a link for those that are curious about the sport): 

Christy - This is so cool! Do you live on a farm?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi IFS Community,

I am new in IFS since March 2020. I am currently working as a Head of BPM which requires that I understand IFS and get to know my way around in IFS. ERP systems are guiding me in my career since 1998 and I am still excited about them!

I hope to find a lot of useful information and “meet” great people in this community!

Regards,

Welcome! There’s lots of great info and great people on here. Let me know if you have any trouble finding what you’re looking for!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

but apparently I look a bit like Bert off The Big Bang Theory.  Not sure how I feel about that.

This seems like profile picture potential ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Christy - This is so cool! Do you live on a farm?

I do live on a little farm (7 acres).   :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi all!

I joined Syntrium some months ago, the main IFS partner in Belgium at the moment. Before that, I worked in the production and quality management of different chemistry & life sciences related manufacturing companies.

I’m exploring some new functionalities, so I’m pretty sure this community will come in handy!

Badge

Hi guys, my name is Ryan Smith and I’m currently located in Atlanta, Ga.

Just a little about me, I solely specialize in the recruitment of IFS experts across North America, on a contract and permanent basis. 

The reason I am here is to make connections in the market, as well as gaining a better understanding upcoming changes or trends within IFS.  In Addition, I also want to explore new functionalities within the system in order to better learn the different and extensive ways that others are utilizing their systems functionality. 

Fun Fact: I have my 3rd child on the way, and my first girl. 

Look forward to getting a chance to meet you guys!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi folks,

I am Siri and I recently joined the Purple Community.

I am a Consultant, I worked 2 years for IFS Switzerland before this year I started to work for the first Swiss IFS Partner:-)

So far I used HR and Finance Modules, but I am also interested crossfunctional topics, in AI, Technology, and more.

I live and work in Switzerland, in Zürich, but I have international customers, so I also travel now and then around the globe.

Fun fact: Switzerland is a landlocked country but my favorite sport is surfing (which I can only enjoy during Holidays when hitting the beach of a country with seaside):see_no_evil:

Hope I can contribute to this community and that I can count also on you:punch_tone1:

Cheers:purple_heart:

Siri

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi guys, my name is Ryan Smith and I’m currently located in Atlanta, Ga.

Fun Fact: I have my 3rd child on the way, and my first girl. 

Congratulations! And welcome to the community! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi everyone,

Pleasure to meet you guys :raised_hands_tone1:

My name is Anatol and I just joined this community.

I’m System Engineer / Technical Consultant for a Swiss IFS Partner. 

My tasks are installing and configuring the IFS 10 application from the scratch inclusive databases.

I also live and work in Switzerland by Zurich.

My hobbies: family & travel 

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I’ll start!

Kristen Gastaldo

Customer Community Lead for IFS

I’ve been working in community management since 2012 and started with IFS in Oct 2019. 

I work from home and live just a few miles outside of Portland, Maine

Being that I live in Maine (which is lovely), my favorite vacation spot is basically anywhere warm. San Sebastian, Spain is next on my must-visit list, as soon as I feel bold enough to take my 4 year old son and 6 month old daughter on the flight! Here’s my crew:

Wao…!!!!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Community,

My Name is Deepak.I am from India.I am IFS Functional and Technical Engineer.

I love Movies and Travelling.I also love Portraits and Painting.

Regards

Deepak Navale

email:- deepak.navale3@gmail.com

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi guys, I am new in the community but with many years of experience in IFS (starting from Version 2004 up to Apps 10 now).

For many years I have been working in Automotive supplier area, using ASC VAP, EDI, Handling Units already in Warehouse and so on.

Today I am in a different area (Industry, building business) with production, engineering, Rental and Service business.

I love the flexibility of IFS, but I don’t like the error messages and standard report layouts :-D

Who is experienced in Rental Module, knows a working solution of this module and would share this knowledge with me?

Regards Martina

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi, I am Hasan Yücel. I am working in the machine industry. I am a computer engineer. We are using IFS 9 for two years. My company is located in Kayseri / TURKEY. I love cycling, chess, solving rubic cube and programming.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

My name is Bjørn M. Skallerud, and I am the IT manager for the Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland) for Waterlogic - a company that produces, sells, and services drinking water solutions (water coolers). We also supply bottle water coolers and coffee machines in some markets.

I live in Oslo, Norway.

We have been using Astea Alliance since 2014, and are currently lifting from v 12.5 to 15. The company as a whole is migrating to IFS, but for our region this is at least a couple of years down the line.

As for fun facts: I like reading, music (playing a bit of guitar), bicycling, and travelling.

Here’s from our family trip to Japan in 2019 - Shibuya Crossing (the world’s busiest intersection): 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, I’m Jamie. I’m a User Experience Designer here at IFS. I joined in September 2021 but have 8 years experience designing SaaS business software. As a fully remote employee, I live in Yorkshire in the UK.

Hopefully I’ll be talking (well, mainly listening) to some of you as we go through the project phases for the next release. It’s only by understanding your challenges and needs that we can aim for, and prioritise, the most effective solutions.

Badge +1

Hi all,

My name is Remy and I work at Royal IHC in Holland. We are mainly active in the dredging and mining market and provide innovative solutions (ships, equipment, services) for our clients globally.

I started my career at this employer in 2014 and from that moment until today I have been working on implementing and optimizing IFS for our organization.

Currently we are in the process of upgrading from IFS9 to IFS10 and from there we will take off and join the cloud.

I joined this forum to find knowledge about the differences between the versions and I am also interested in sharing experience and seeking help or assisting in solving issues.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys in the challenge called IFS :).

Here is a glimpse of one of my unique views (taken around 05.30 a.m.and changed in colour completely 1 minute later) when working from home. 

Remy

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey there,

I'm Grzegorz Byrski, and I'm excited to tell you a bit about myself. At IFS I am an IFS Customer Community Manager, and my career has mostly revolved around service operations and nurturing vibrant communities. Right now, I'm living and working from the beautiful city of Krakow, Poland, which I call home.

Now, here's a fun fact about me: I once had the amazing opportunity to live on the tiny Indonesian island of Gili Air for a whole year. Picture this – it's so small that you can explore the whole thing on foot in less than 45 minutes! That experience brought me closer to nature and unforgettable moments.

But enough about me! I'd love to connect with you. Let's make this a great conversation!

Badge +3

Hi

I’m Tim, and I have been using IFS since 2002! We installed IFS 2001 and then upgraded to 2003 very soon after, for Oracle compliance. We then hugely customised it (via IFS developers - yes, we couldn’t do it ourselves back then 😥) and got stuck on that version. Sadly, the business closed, and I was made redundant, but fortunately found a new job working with IFS at MBNL. We are a Joint Venture between BT(EE) and Three, running their mobile phone network.

I was thrown in at the deep end, learning Apps9, and then IFS Cloud, which we are upgrading to, as we speak.

In my spare time, I’m a petrol head going to classic racing events, I own a classic car (Morris Minor Traveller), and I’m involved in amateur dramatics (#SilchesterPlayers).