Evolving Education Materials - Help Panel Concept

• 5 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, I’m working on a facet of a large scale project to improve education materials.

I’m exploring how an in-product help panel could be beneficial. I’m looking to understand expectation.

If you’d like to provide feedback, please use this questionnaire. There are only 5 questions (2 required) and shouldn’t take much more than 5 minutes. Thanks.

https://forms.office.com/r/TEuEtQd1Lb

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Happy to hear from Customers, Partners and IFS Employees.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The form is still open for responses but if you prefer an even quicker involvement…

• If we were to create a dedicated help panel, what kind of content would you expect to see?
  • Would you expect it to be different based on role or context?
Help panel concept

Feel free to comment, contact me through the community messages or email jamie.byrne@ifs.com

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Just to clarify … 

When you refer to “in-product help panel” do you mean something akin to this in Apps9 or something else?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@PRODQ This is something else. It’s the start of a development for IFS cloud. It holds much more potential going forwards.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@PRODQ This is something else. It’s the start of a development for IFS cloud. It holds much more potential going forwards.

So “no” then?  

To be honest, role-based “help” is probably nigh-on impossible to achieve because every company has different views of what roles are.  Our “Buyer” role may differ from other companies. 

If you’re looking to incorporate specific company training information/documentation within this help panel, isn’t that what ClickLearn does?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

No, it’s nothing to do with the Apps 9 component.

Sorry, it may have been ambiguous. Role would be more persona or profile based, so a technical and non-technical user would consume different content and may have different options. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

No, it’s nothing to do with the Apps 9 component.

Sorry, it may have been ambiguous. Role would be more persona or profile based, so a technical and non-technical user would consume different content and may have different options. 

I didn’t think it was for Apps9 but wasn’t clear what you meant by “in-product help panel” so was using what I would label the “in product help panel” in Apps9.  

I still don’t see what this “in-product help panel” is intended to achieve/offer.

Sorry, Friday brain must be kicking in! :-) 

Linda

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

No problem, Linda. I’d be happy to set up a 20 minute call to go through in detail and get your thoughts, if you’re interested. Sometime over the next 2-3 weeks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Are you able to give me a headline reply so I can judge if I’d be of any value in the debate?