Solved

Community login problems

• 24 March 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Every time I log into IFS Community my password is not accepted.. I am able to reset it, by following the reset password link.

The problem is when i come back later (short or long period of time), the password is ‘wrong’ again. This happens EVERY time, and I am positively sure  that I enter it correctly.

:-(

icon

Best answer by KristenGastaldo 25 March 2020, 13:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey @BertelLundgaard - I’ll reach out to you via email/private message to troubleshoot this for you!

Badge +3

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, annoying all the time create new pw for session

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, annoying all the time create new pw for session

Apologies for my delay! This one snuck past me. Are you still having this issue? I’ve sent you a PM and I’m happy to troubleshoot this for you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I usually find this happens on various websites because either:

• your password is too long. The password reset allows it and then logs you in, but perhaps truncates it to the DB field max length. Next time you log in, as the provided password is longer/different to the truncated stored version, it pops up with “invalid password”; or
  • your password has a special character the system doesn’t like, which breaks the query trying to validate if your entered password is correct. As above, on the password reset it writes the new one to the DB correctly but the get query doesn’t handle the input right.

I use a password manager with long and random generated passwords and often run into the above issues.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I’ll also had that problem to begin with. Then I released I had to login with my username and not my email.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

That will also do it :smile:

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have the same issue - I have to change password every time I log into Community

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@KristenGastaldo I still need to change password every time I start IFS Community, a bit annoying - can you help me out please?

Thanks!

BR Irene

Badge +3

Hello @Irene Røn 

My name is Grzegorz and I am a new Customer Community Manager. Could you please send an email to community@ifs.com and provide more details so we can investigate further.

Thank you