Solved

Can we change the default sorting order of community posts?

• 18 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi,

Is there a way to default the order to something other than ‘Recently Active’ so that it does not have to be changed manually each time?

icon

Best answer by KristenGastaldo 18 October 2019, 17:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Thanks for the confirmation. Was just trying to avoid bookmarking each subforum page but there are not too many.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I don’t see a way to make it happen in your own personal settings or on the backend (to change it for entire community). The only workaround I can think of is to use a bookmark from your browser for the specific category you tend to visit, after you’ve sorted for Newest first. The sort=dateline bit does remain when you refresh the page, so your bookmark would keep Newest first as the default. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @KristenGastaldo, that is what I have been doing. What I am wondering is if there is a way to make my preference stick. 

As it stands, if I leave and come back or go to another subforum it defaults back to recently active rather than what I had it on which is newest first. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So more like a “recently created” list? Right now that recently active pulls them by activity - whether that be a new post or a new comment. 

If you go into a specific category, you can sort by “newest first” from the … dropdown menu:

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @KristenGastaldo, Personally I would like to see the topics in date order with most recent first. It does not seem as though the site remembers this and I cannot see a place to set it as preference so that all sub forums hold the same setting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck - What would you like it to default to? The categories?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I used this link https://community.ifs.com/search/activity/recent :sunglasses: