Question

VAT on supplier invoice (PO related)

• 28 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi,

My purchase parts are “taxable” and I have entered a different tax code in the supplier for purchase part screen for each part. When raising a PR/PO, my tax codes pull out correctly for each line (different parts) from the supplier for purchase part set up.

My PO is then  received.

When I enter the supplier invoice (I’m using posting proposal), the system does not retrieve the tax code from the PO but from the supplier file or company, which is not correct.

When I try to force the entry by creating 2 seperate lines in the supplier invoice, it doesn’t recognize the lines (it seems like the line ID ref is missing), and the matching is failed. The only way to perform the matching (and correct tax code) is if I retrieve the lines in the supplier invoice from the reception and if the set up of the supplier is “PO matching level = PO line), which is not relevant from a business point of view because of many gaps in terms of prices or quantity that will occur.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this? is there any specific set up?

Many thanks for your help

Ghita 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Ghita,

Try the below step

On manual supplier invoice line  RMB and select “copy unmatched receipt”.

Regards,

Mukesh

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @MKG019 ,

Thanks for your reply. As I mentionned, I already used that option (please see the screenshot on my first post) but I don’t think it is relevant for situations when you have gaps price/quantity gaps between your POs/Invoices (which happens a lot for my customer) so I’m looking for another way.

Kind regards, 

Ghita 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Ghita Rais ,

As you already figured out, as per the current system Only when the PO matching level is set to the ‘PO line’ level (supplier window/invoice tab), it is possible to retrieve the tax codes from the PO lines. Otherwise, PO line information such as tax codes cannot be taken into account at the posting proposal level.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

From my experience there some requirements:

the PO line matching with differents Tax Cod only is available for Part Orde Lines articules.

1. Supplier PO Matchig, have to be set as PO Line

2, ​​​​​Purchase Order have to be for Part Order lines.

1. the Supplier Invoice, need to have completed the Part No.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

At the posting proposal, you can complete the part no.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all, 

Thank you all for your replies. 

I did the test with the “Po line” set up as per @ConAlberM description but the tax codes are missing. As you can see, I have entered the part number, the system recognizes the Po lines but not the tax codes.

When I change the company set up on tax control so that the system doesn’t require a tax code when the invoice is registered, the tax codes are still missing in the posting proposal, even though the matching is completed.

Kind regards, 

Ghita 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Please, Check that Tax Code are in the Purchase order lines.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

They are indeed in the PO lines @ConAlberM