Question

Transfer Project Cost Accounting - Schedule Issues

• 16 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

When I manually run Transfer Project Cost Accounting Transactions, I am able to set a start date, and end date, and a voucher date.

However if I attempt to schedule that job, I don’t have those same three fields as parameters.  Instead I have parameters for “Execution Offset” and “Voucher Date Offset”.  Those two fields default to zero.  

Can someone tell me how those two parameters work relative to start date, end date and voucher date?

I would like some logic where I run the job nightly and transfer the last x months worth of transactions and post them to the most current date in the most current open fiscal period.

Note - this is using Apps 10, UPD8.

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Mark.Feldpausch  Hi Mark, did you ever get any response to this. We appear to face the same issue with UPD5. Thanks, Dominik

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Mark,

In regard of below concern you can try below set up and check it fulfills your requirement.

“I would like some logic where I run the job nightly and transfer the last x months’ worth of transactions and post them to the most current date in the most current open fiscal period”.

Regards,

Peshala.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Peshala

This is how its set on our environment, setup in June, and it worked for the period of June, but now in July does nothng.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Could you help to recheck below highlighted settings also been set correctly. If so please help to share a screen image where we can review further.

Regards,

Peshala.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Peshala

Please see attached screenshot:

manually run the jobs gives much better parameters to define the periods

We’d expect similar parameters when we schedule, using current open period

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @dominikdurrer @Mark.Feldpausch 

According to attached document, this is misinterpretation of functionality, when we run this online its obvious we have to give a data range, but when comes to schedule task it run periodically(Daily, weekly, Monthly, ect) not for  a predefined specific calendar date.

So it can use Execution offset to set “From Date” (Ex If schedule is run 30th of July and Execution offset is 30, then you’re “From date” will be 1st of July and “To date” will be 30th July), and Voucher offset to set voucher date.

Hope this provides more clarity and if so please mark as the best answer  😊 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Vibhu,

I also believe that this should work the way you described.
But I realized that the function always transfers the creation date of the scheduled database task as parameter DATE_APPLIED.

We created a schedule for the task "Transfer Project Cost Accounting Transaction" on July 14, 2021.

Every day the parameter DATE_APPLIED contains 2021-07-14 for each execution:

I have analyzed the Procedure "Transfer_To_Finance".

PROCEDURE Transfer_To_Finance_Deferred__

IF (date_applied_ IS NULL) THEN

date_applied_ := trunc(sysdate);

END IF;

start_date_ := NVL(start_date_, TRUNC(date_applied_)- NVL(execution_offset_, 0));

end_date_ := nvl(end_date_, date_applied_);

voucher_date_ := NVL(voucher_date_, TRUNC(date_applied_)- NVL(voucher_date_offset_, 0));

IF (start_date_ IS NULL) THEN

start_date_ := trunc(sysdate);

ELSE

start_date_ := TRUNC(start_date_);

END IF;

I assumed that the parameter DATE_APPLIED is passed with NULL and is set to the sysdate, according to the procedure:

IF (date_applied_ IS NULL) THEN

date_applied_ := trunc(sysdate);

END IF;

So the function would always run for the current day, because the parameter "Execution Offest" is 0.

I looked at the parameters and found the parameter DATE_APPLIED with '2021-07-14'

The parameter DATE_APPLIED is already set to the start date of the schedule task.

In my opinion, this is a mistake, because the task should only have to be scheduled once and flexibly calculates the execution dates. The parameter DATE_APPLIED should be passed with the value NULL.
This would allow the procedures to flexibly calculate the start date (Sysdate - value of Execution Offset) and the end date (Sysdate), as you described.

We use IFS Applications 10 Update 8.

Kind regards,
Madeleine

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @MZemp,

Thanks for the detailed analysis of the issue. As per your findings, it seems there is an issue. What I was explaining is the functionality of the issue. :slight_smile:

However, if there is an issue with the code, we would definitely correct this. Can you please create a new Support case to us so that we can technically verify this and come up with a solution?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

If you have an existing scheduled task to Transfer Project Cost Accounting Transactions, you would need to delete it and recreate a new scheduled task.  The Execution Offset is the number of days back the system should pull from when running the transfer and the start date is always the date the job is running.  With the settings below, the system will include yesterdays transactions when the transfer run today and the Voucher Date will be today.  If you only run the scheduled task weekly, you would want to enter 7 for the Execution Offset.  Yu could enter anything greater than 7 but it would have to be at least 7 if running weekly.

Depending on what UPD  of APP10 you’re on, there is a Sev 3 UPD9 patch that will be needed if you’re below UPD9.  If you’re UPD9 or higher, you already have the patch and just need to clear any exiting records by running the Transfer option manually from the navigator and then create the new scheduled task.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

Currently we are working with IFS Applications 10 Update 8. So we don't have the patch yet and will only receive it with the next update.

Kind regards, Madeleine