Solved

Transfer Maintenance Time Transactions

• 14 February 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

We are getting errors when the scheduled task Transfer Maintenance Time Transactions executes such as:

“Period 2019 - 10 is not open for user group XX in Company XXX”

In addition, in Maintenance Postings Analysis the following errors are being reported:

“Code string combination "29950/TNB/700/REACTIVE/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/" is not included in any one of the al”

Our finance department are not happy that transactions are trying to post into historical periods which should be closed as part of month end processing.

They can manually fix these by changing the applied date i believe, however they don’t want to keep doing this as it is an overhead and still not comfortable. 

Is there a solution out there which others are using to prevent errors like this and impact to the finance dept? 

We are using IFS Apps 8.

Regards

Shaun

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 14 February 2020, 17:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Shaun,

In APP8 the T1 and T2 transactions will be eligible to get transferred to GL once they are authorized. However, if the given period is closed users will have to change the applied date or open the accounting periods. This is a limitation in the old versions.

However, in APP10 the design got changed and the now the transactions will get posted for the next open period. 

The only workaround/solution for the previous version I can think of is making sure to get all the maintenance transactions authorized  before the period closure.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@shallk Thanks for your response. 

Would this explain the error Code string combination "**Account**/**Site**/**Cost Centre**/**Stream**/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/" is not included in any one of the al” in Maintenance Postings Analysis.

We did change the date applied on the transactions to today, and run Re-run Erroneous Maintenance Postings task however error in postings analysis remains.

Any ideas why this would be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Shaun,

I think the last part of the message is missing and I think it the complete message should end as ‘any one of the allowed”

This is controlled by the combination rules. You can use the rules to bloc or allow certain code string combinations.

If you check the ‘Combination Rule’ window the given code string combination my not be allowed to the given user group or only certain number of combinations are allowed.

An image of a combination rule window

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Badge +2

In most cases the code string combination pops up when the user that created the transaction is not linked to a user group.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@shallk Thank you for your response. We managed to solve this issue through the steps you provided.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@shallk Thank you for your response. We managed to solve this issue through the steps you provided.

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Shaun,

In APP8 the T1 and T2 transactions will be eligible to get transferred to GL once they are authorized. However, if the given period is closed users will have to change the applied date or open the accounting periods. This is a limitation in the old versions.

However, in APP10 the design got changed and the now the transactions will get posted for the next open period. 

The only workaround/solution for the previous version I can think of is making sure to get all the maintenance transactions authorized  before the period closure.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Hi Shehan,

I have an experience that in Apps10 also some of the time reporting transactions got this error and they are appearing in Work Task Analysis Window as error status. For an example we have closed 2020 december, 2021 Jan, 2021 Feb periods (when there are no any error transactions). But suddenly these error transactions are appearing in this window by the status of reported and reposted?

Any idea?

Best Regards,

Thakshila 

Badge +3

In APP10,  how to modify the applied date on work task posting analysis for transactions with error message: “ Period is not open for….” without reopen period?

Thanks,

Ivy