Question

Transfer Cash

• 3 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

I have two checking accounts. I am transferring money from one account to the other. What is the best way to post it in IFS. Both are ledger accounts so it will not allow a Mixed payment. I can do an external voucher upload but then that transaction is not included in the “Query - Cash Account Balance”.

Any help would be much appreciated…

Thanks,

Debbie

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, 

I think you can enter it as a “Cash Transfer” in Mixed Payment.

One cash account is entered in header and other cash account in “Counter Cash Account”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Depending on the IFS system version you are using, Cash transfer transaction type might not be present in mixed payment, in such a case TWO mixed payments are using, both with Direct cash payment transaction on bank transfer account, to book outflow and inflow of cash separately.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Please note that Cash Transfer option was introduced to IFS application in IFS Version 9. If you are using an older version, the best way is to use an intermediary account as Adam suggested. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I have similar question to this. When entering the Cash Transfer as interim, it books in P77. How do I clear P1?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Tolkounai

Unless you explicity choose Cash Transaction as your Cash Transfer Method, PP77 will trigger meaning you have to do the opposite entry in the counter cash account transferring to. 

Select Cash Transaction and PP77 does not trigger, only PP1 will be used for both in and out.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Tolkounai

Unless you explicity choose Cash Transaction as your Cash Transfer Method, PP77 will trigger meaning you have to do the opposite entry in the counter cash account transferring to. 

Select Cash Transaction and PP77 does not trigger, only PP1 will be used for both in and out.

Thank you! I figured it :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Please note that Cash Transfer option was introduced to IFS application in IFS Version 9. If you are using an older version, the best way is to use an intermediary account as Adam suggested. 

Hi Eranda,

I have a question with a cash account there I can’t do a cash transfer transaction and following error displays.

This not my accounting currency. But when I select a bank account with Acc currency I can process it. Any idea on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Eranda,

I have a question with a cash account there I can’t do a cash transfer transaction and following error displays.

This not my accounting currency. But when I select a bank account with Acc currency I can process it. Any idea on this?

Hi @Ruwanjala Jayawardena ,

Can you also have a look at this ? It seems that a solution has been given through the Solution ID 275363, but we cannot see the workaround in the solution ID.

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Eranda,

Hi @Ruwanjala Jayawardena ,

Can you also have a look at this ? It seems that a solution has been given through the Solution ID 275363, but we cannot see the workaround in the solution ID.

Thank you

Hi all , 

We are still experiencing same issue in Application 09 release 20 ? Please comment on that as well.

Thank you