Question

Tax code - invoice entry

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Some of our suppliers tax code doesn’t pull through into the invoice entry screen despite being set up on supplier card?

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

have you check the Supplier\Invoice\invoice \ tax info and if it has been defined.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

In here?

Badge +2

Can you show how you have define the tax codes in Tax code window? Also indicate what are the tax codes that are not visible.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Sorry, I’ve maybe not worded the question well

The tax code is fine on majority of other suppliers.  Just a couple that don’t pre-populate when entering an invoice against them

Hi,

Maybe you are entering invoice in different company than default Tax code is define:

Compare the company with the company in Manual Supplier invoice entry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@SMcLees ,

Is supplier Tax liability is setup as “Tax” under correct company ?

Further, there must be tax code in supplier for purchase part.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

The tax code is set up and invoice is being processed in correct company

There is no part number for these and even when entering without a PO no VAT code populates?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The tax code is set up and invoice is being processed in correct company

There is no part number for these and even when entering without a PO no VAT code populates?

In your initial note, it was mentioned as “Invoice entry screen despite being set up on supplier card”
Yet as per your last note , there is no part. I’m afraid this is a bit confusing :( . 

I believe  supplier card means supplier master record. So window you refer as “invoice entry”, is it purchase order screen?.

So are you entering purchase order no part order line?

Hi,

Yes, Xavier asked good question, show us the screen where Tax code is missing. Because we don’t understand what your problem is.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

In either of the invoice entry screens, the tax code doesn’t populate

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In either of the invoice entry screens, the tax code doesn’t populate

Could you please RMB on the > then select tax lines.

here you will be able to see multiples tax lines. This is the reason system can not show single tax code on the line level.​

Yes, you should check RMB => Tax lines

You have this Multiple Tax Lines checked means that it is more than one Tax line and in that case Tax code is empty in the invoice line:

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for this.  How doe I stop the multiple tax lines being the default for this supplier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @SMcLees ,

Can you check if you have set multiple tax codes under the Supplier’s Address in the below window?

Best Regards,
Thanushi​​​​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Got it fixed, thanks everyone