Solved

Setting up Company to Use Posting Proposal

• 22 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I have a company where the Use Posting Proposal option is not displayed on the General Tab in Invoice. I can display this by unticking the Use Customized screen layout in Object Properties, but when I navigate away from the general tab the option disappears.

Any suggestions please?

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 22 September 2021, 08:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @GlendaT ,

Seems like this option has been restricted in your user profile. Could you please check whether this option is not available for the users with higher permission levels in the application as well (Ex.IFSAPP) ?

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Please check whether SINWOF module is installed in this environment.

Can be checked in installed components window. 

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Two things to look at here.

1. Do the customer have the module. SINWOF component as suggested by @Shehan Almeida
  2. Is it a profile issue (base profile/personal profile) that is hiding the option for you
Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks for all the replies.  I am logged in as IFSAPP, so I didn’t think it could be the user profile. SINWOF is not installed, so I am pursuing that with my technical colleagues

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Berryly, since Posting Proposals (SINWOF) was introduced in Apps 8 (I guess), I never used manual matching. System will automatically match invoice with PO / receipts (based on settings) if there is a perfect match or is within the tolerance set up and is ready for final posting. If outside the tolerance, the invoice could be authorized (authorization can be inherited from the purchasing authorization, or can set up a different set of invoice authorization rules).

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

If SINWOF is not installed, the customer hasn’t purchased Posting Proposal Module or else, it has been left out of the sales order in IFS which is used to build the environment.

Badge +2

Is SINWOF a good thing?