Question

Set Due date customer Invoice to print date

• 14 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Dear all,

Is it possible to recalculate the due date of a customer invoice when it is printed?

The due date of an invoice is based on the payment that attached to the customer.
When a customer has a payment term that sets the due date to for example 30 days in the future the due date will be set on 31-8 when I create the invoice on 01-08.

If I don’t print it that day but for example on 05-08 the due date stays on 31-08.
Due to the agreement with the customer the due date must also be set to days after 05-08

So 04-09 must be the new due date.

How can that be done?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi ,

You can always change the due date once the invoice is printed. Or change the due date before printing.

You can go to the customer invoice ,select RMB and then select ‘installment Plan and discounts’

Here you can change the Current Due date filed and save the changes.

Hope this helps.

Similar type of question was raised previously from the below link.

https://community.ifs.com/finance-financials-42/customer-invoice-due-date-3388?postid=11650#post11650

BR,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Shehan,

thank you for your answer.

But in this way I’ve to do it manually invoice by invoice.

Is there no way to do that automatically

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

I do not think so. The instance where the invoice is created the installment plan and discounts tab is updated with the relevant dates. Printing the invoice just updates the status of the invoice. Therefore, I believe  it will require to update the invoice before or after printing. 

Other option would be going for a customization to make it automated.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Badge +3

Hi,

I am wondering why would you required to change the due date for multiple Invoices.

If there is a need to update then this could be done by script.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I think there is an option on the company to change invoice date to a system date on invoice printout. I was sure that in case payment term base date is invoice date, this option will change due date as well. Is not it the case? Could you check if using this option will suit your purpose?