Question

Sending Customer invoices - Instant/Manual

• 4 November 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Trying to set up the automation and facility to directly e-mail any manual/instant invoice we create.

We have an e-mail event set up, but cannot get customer e-mail to pull through, which field should this be entered on to populate?

Another way I had tried was setting up e-invoice in supplier card, the IFS Help section advises I can change the address after saving to an internet e-mail address, but I get an error when trying to change/save this?

28 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Usually you can set this up under the customer/Address/contact section, you can enter customer contact with method e-mail. Ensuring the address has document address default tick.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I get this error when trying to set up?  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi, it looks like you have permission issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for looking at this.  Do I simply then need permission changed by out IT dept for myself to update or is this a company permission that we are unable to update?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi in Simple answer to a simple question yes, you need to check the permission set, the quick proof will be if you log in as IFSAPP and it works, it is definitely a permission issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi in Simple answer to a simple question yes, you need to check the permission set, the quick proof will be if you log in as IFSAPP and it works, it is definitely a permission issue.

Just tried as IFSAPP and it won’t allow us to change.  Any other ideas as to what could be causing the issue?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi, unfortunately, I don’t have another answer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi-

I have accomplished this via emailed events (printout) but have also seen the AR contact field utilized.  This may be an option.

I hope this is helpful.  :)

Best-

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

We have an e-mail event set up for the instant/manual invocies, unfortunately we cannot get the customer e-mail to pull through.  Which field do you have to enter it in to use this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi-

have you tried &PDF_PARAMETER_1?

Best-

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi

We have &PDF_PARAMETER_1 set up in our e-mails.  My issue is I don’t know where to enter the customer e-mail address in IFS for it to populate that field

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you tried the COMM tab of the Customer record?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Yes, I’ve tried putting in email address in AR Contact and in comm tab and using the record I have set up for customer order invoices in Cust Ref, but none of them seem to trigger or pull through to the email event

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

What do you see when you look at the application messages?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

On the bottom of the screen, check the error text.  It should point you to what is missing/misdirected.  

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

This one might be more accurate

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Maybe further to that, we currently have a static -mail address set up for the e-mail event.  My information was when the customer e-mail  address at bottom of E-mail populated from IFS we would use that as the location of where to send the e-mail

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is this the correct email address?  Have you had IT check your email server?   

If the correct email address shows up here, it has sent from IFS.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

This is a static e-mail that has been set up and all Instant Invoices are being sent here at moment.  How do I get specific customer e-mail in there depending on who customer is

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

What does the event setup look like?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Just tried as IFSAPP and it won’t allow us to change.  Any other ideas as to what could be causing the issue?

Regarding the issue about the “Message Setup” on Customer:

You need to remove the line you have and create a new one with the updated value. As you noticed, it is not possible to change the existing line.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Regarding the issue about the “Message Setup” on Customer:

You need to remove the line you have and create a new one with the updated value. As you noticed, it is not possible to change the existing line.

Hi, sorry this might seem a straightforward answer, but when I create the new line, how do I get an e-mail address in there as the updated value?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @cperdue,

What is your IFS Version? We had some requests from our internal auditors and one of them was to send a copy BCC to a specific mailbox. Looking at your PrintScreen I remarked that we don’t have all fields that you are.

We are working with 

Thanks