Question

Recharge supplier invoice to customer

• 22 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Is there a way to recharge a supplier invoice direct to customer.

Ideally, what we are looking for is that a supplier invoice is created and approved for payment, but a customer invoice is automatically raised based on this for us to claim back the payment?

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi all,

My “forward supplier invoice” screen, I still have to manually create a project transaction. Do you select the invoice line anywhere and have an option that it creates a project transaction? Or do you do this part manually?

Many thanks

We used to be able to see the ‘Create Project Transaction’ option on a demand line on a misc part demand, however we can’t see that option on a misc. no part, where are you seeing the option to create a project transaction ?

Badge +1

Hi all,

My “forward supplier invoice” screen, I still have to manually create a project transaction. Do you select the invoice line anywhere and have an option that it creates a project transaction? Or do you do this part manually?

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Perhaps you should ask this question on Project forum as well - report codes setup is in Project area

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Trying to test this out, but getting an error on the report code - is there somewhere I can get info on the correct set up for this process

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello, 

This process works with IFS/Project reporting and project invoicing.
Customer is indicated on a project. 
“Forward supplier invoice” process just creates project cost transaction from supplier invoice posting. Usually supplier invoice is posted in costs of specific project - so it is just a way to convert project actual costs into something we can bill to the customer - project transactions could be marked as Invoiceable, to be included in customer (project) invoice. Project invoicing is usually used to charge customer with time used (manhours) and due to invoice forwarding, you can charge your customer with e.g. subcontracted services. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hello, 

I am not sure if there is any automation available out-of-the-box.

My current company using following customer reimbursement process - Once invoice is posted, posting is converted into project cost transaction using “forward supplier invoice” option. Then project transactions are reimbursed to the customer using project invoicing feature. 
I am not sure if this process can be automated e.g. using custom event process. Perhaps it would be possible.

Hi, thanks for this.

I am unfamiliar with the ‘Forward Supplier Invoice’ process.  How does this work, and how does the cost from supplier invoice that we pay get passed onto a specific customer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello, 

I am not sure if there is any automation available out-of-the-box.

My current company using following customer reimbursement process - Once invoice is posted, posting is converted into project cost transaction using “forward supplier invoice” option. Then project transactions are reimbursed to the customer using project invoicing feature. 
I am not sure if this process can be automated e.g. using custom event process. Perhaps it would be possible.