Question

Project cannot be completed until all active acquisition values referring to this project has been moved in IFS|Fixed Asset

• 4 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We have a number of projects that we keep getting an error stating 'Project cannot be completed until all active acquisition values referring to this project has been moved in IFS|Fixed Asset.'

The process to follow to get the error is:
Go to Financials|Project Accounting|Project, then search for one of the projects, RMB and select Rollback Sub Project Completion. Complete the necessary fields on the window and click ok, this is when we then get the error.

In Object Transactions Analysis window those objects/FA records are with object transaction value type as "Acquisition" and status as "Ready".

Please guide to resolve the error above

Best regards

Zuha

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello, Zuha,

When you are closing the project, it should be financially closed as well - all outstanding balances in GL should be removed, except perhaps capitalized expenses and revenues. This includes fixed assets and it is normal that system is checking that while closing project. 

I do not understand, however, why this check happens while rolling back completion, I suspect some technical issue here. As per my understanding such a check is not expected at this stage. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Zuha,

I’m having the same issue. 

Did you solved this issue?

Thanks,

Marijo