Question

printing outgoing supplier invoice

• 20 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi 

I have the following constellation. Somethimes i need to be able to print an outgoing supplier invoice

in order to do this i remove the flag from the supplier message setup and put it back in

the point is I cannot remove this flag permanently because then the intercompany message setup for the mainprocess would work anymore.

Is there a way i can print or sent this outgoing supplier invoice without removing the default method? Otherwise i cannot post this invoice without printing

Best Regards

Sophal

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Sophal, 

according to IFS documentation only Print Invoice is available for Outgoing Supplier Invoice.

Toggling the default method in Message Setup in order to print and post the invoice seems to be a poor solution.  Why do you need to keep the message class INVOIC set as default? 

Best regards,

Aneta

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @bytsophan 

You could always use Print work copy option to generate a printout.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Sophal, 

according to IFS documentation only Print Invoice is available for Outgoing Supplier Invoice.

Toggling the default method in Message Setup in order to print and post the invoice seems to be a poor solution.  Why do you need to keep the message class INVOIC set as default? 

Best regards,

Aneta

Hi Aneta

I am not very familiar with the supply chain process but i thought by setting up the MHS Service for supplier and INVOIC is for Distribution orders? So this means whenever a internal supplier orders from an other internal supplier it needs a MHS message setup?

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @bytsophan 

Hi Xavier

Work copy doesnt post the invoice into financials. You need to make a print invoice in order to post into financials.

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Sophal, 
 INVOIC message setup is needed in e-invoicing or self-billing
In fact that there is no way to print/post an outgoing invoice if the message class INVOIC is set as default 
I suggest reporting the issue in LCS.
Best regards,
Aneta

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @bytsophan ,

1. Untick the ‘default’ checkbox as shown below and save.

1. Go to your Outgoing Invoice and Refresh it. The print invoice option should be enabled as shown below.

I have just tried this in our internal environments and it should work.

Can you please try this and let us know if it works? If it doesn’t then I too suggest you to raise a case to IFS Support.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @bytsophan 

Hi Xavier

Work copy doesnt post the invoice into financials. You need to make a print invoice in order to post into financials.

Best Regards

Sophal

Hi @bytsophan ,

Yes, I thought your requirement is just to print the invoice. In that case, your best option is to enable the custom RMB option to act as PRINT, so the Standard option will assist in sending invoices and Custom RMB will assist printing along with posting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @bytsophan ,

1. Untick the ‘default’ checkbox as shown below and save.

1. Go to your Outgoing Invoice and Refresh it. The print invoice option should be enabled as shown below.

I have just tried this in our internal environments and it should work.

Can you please try this and let us know if it works? If it doesn’t then I too suggest you to raise a case to IFS Support.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Hi Thanushi

Thanks for the answer. We allready have this solution. This is what the customer does right now. We would like to know if its somehow possible to post the invoice without print. right now we must always untick the default checkbox and then print in order to post the invoice.