Solved

Posting Error when Cancel Receipt for Purchase Non Inventory

• 24 September 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Guys, I am using IFS 7.5.

I get this posting error after Cancel Receipt for Purchase Non Inventory.

Now system is expecting Object ID to process posting type M92 (Purchase Non Inventory Material Arrival). How can I insert the Object ID for this transaction?

Note that the PO is now in Received status and I already filled in the Object ID but this doesn’t solve the posting error.

Even I changed the Object = Can in the Code Part Demands also doesn’t help.

Need guidance on how to insert Object ID for the Cancel Receipt transaction or any work around to resolve this posting error.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

KS Eng

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 27 September 2021, 09:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi, 

I have noticed in the first screenshot you have shared that your receipt cancellation transaction is partly transferred (one leg of accounting have status 3 - transferred while the other - 99 - Accounting error). 

I am not sure how could it be possible, and how 0 voucher created by transfer of purchase transactions can be balanced. Perhaps original receipt have same issue...  

Can you check what is the status of both purchase transactions?  In Overview - Purchase transaction history window?
If I am right, I am afraid there is no way to resolve this situation by regular system functions and data repair (backend) is necessary.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 

I have noticed in the first screenshot you have shared that your receipt cancellation transaction is partly transferred (one leg of accounting have status 3 - transferred while the other - 99 - Accounting error). 

I am not sure how could it be possible, and how 0 voucher created by transfer of purchase transactions can be balanced. Perhaps original receipt have same issue...  

Can you check what is the status of both purchase transactions?  In Overview - Purchase transaction history window?
If I am right, I am afraid there is no way to resolve this situation by regular system functions and data repair (backend) is necessary.

Hi Adam,

Here is the status for the related transaction.

Thank you.

Regards,

KS Eng

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @kimsiang 

please take a look on this topic:

Supplier Invoice (Error 20105: Object XXX has been existing accounting...)

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Hi @Malgorzata Palatynska,

I get error when trying to inactivate accounting transactions.

Thank you.

Regards,

KS Eng.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 
I am afraid support case will be necessary. It is not allowed to have transferred purchase transaction with posting errors and it can be repaired by back-end update only. You can do nothing more by regular system functions. 

Please note that once transaction is marked as transferred, no further process of transfer or redo posting errors will touch it. 

And receipt cancellation is reverse-accounting transaction, it reverses postings of arrival as they were posted, and is not using posting control. 

It should be investigated if your voucher 0 2021090002 is balanced and if it contains two, one or none of postings of transaction 419861. Depending on the case scope of data repair may vary. 

Hi @Adam Bereda 

You are right.

This problem has been solved by data repair.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

KS Eng

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi, 
I am afraid support case will be necessary. It is not allowed to have transferred purchase transaction with posting errors and it can be repaired by back-end update only. You can do nothing more by regular system functions. 

Please note that once transaction is marked as transferred, no further process of transfer or redo posting errors will touch it. 

And receipt cancellation is reverse-accounting transaction, it reverses postings of arrival as they were posted, and is not using posting control. 

It should be investigated if your voucher 0 2021090002 is balanced and if it contains two, one or none of postings of transaction 419861. Depending on the case scope of data repair may vary. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This issue may be due to a bigger problem. From the screen prints, my assumption is you have done a fixed asset purchase and now trying to cancel the receipt. As the PO line is connected to the Fixed Asset Object (via preposting) the system is trying to reverse the acquisition value. Possibly your fixed asset object is in an active status and will not accept any further transactions on to the acquisition account. You may want to investigate down those lines… PS: I may be totally off the mark.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

This issue may be due to a bigger problem. From the screen prints, my assumption is you have done a fixed asset purchase and now trying to cancel the receipt. As the PO line is connected to the Fixed Asset Object (via preposting) the system is trying to reverse the acquisition value. Possibly your fixed asset object is in an active status and will not accept any further transactions on to the acquisition account. You may want to investigate down those lines… PS: I may be totally off the mark.

Yes, user cancelled the receipt due to some mistake and receive again.

Now the Object Status is Active.

Can I deactivate it or remove the acquisition?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @kimsiang 

please take a look on this topic:

Supplier Invoice (Error 20105: Object XXX has been existing accounting...)

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@kimsiang ,

Looks like Cost Center is mandatory for the account 160170.

However, PO line seems to have pre-posting only for Object.

You can try to reopen the PO line and add relevant pre-posting for Cost Center..

Then execute ‘Re-run erroneous distribution and manufacturing postings’

Hope this would also work. 

Shehan Almeida.