Solved

Posting control T2 error with update 13

• 10 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello - Has anyone had a problem with posting control T2 (work task labor posting) after applying update 13 to apps 10?  Labor posted fine before update 13 and now I get “Value is missing or has an invalid time interval for posting type T2 control type C55 code part B in company 10” on all reported and authorized labor.  The value is not missing and the time interval is fine.  The error is just wrong and I suspect the update caused a problem.

icon

Best answer by Thommy 25 February 2022, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Dsquared

Did you notice any errors in other functionality as well?

Kind regards,

Shanuka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

No, there have not been any other errors.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Dsquared,

I did a little research and I could not find any particular reason for the error. Therefore, I think this will needs to be investigated further via IFS Support, specially because, the error is occurring after a UPD and the functionality has been working as expected before the UPD.

Kind regards,

Shanuka. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I appreciate your response.  I do have a case in with IFS support.  After further testing, I have determined that the problem is that the posting control is ignoring the detail of the control type C55 and only using the default code part value to create the posting.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello - Has anyone had a problem with posting control T2 (work task labor posting) after applying update 13 to apps 10?  Labor posted fine before update 13 and now I get “Value is missing or has an invalid time interval for posting type T2 control type C55 code part B in company 10” on all reported and authorized labor.  The value is not missing and the time interval is fine.  The error is just wrong and I suspect the update caused a problem.

Hi, we have similar issue, before Update13 the C55 fetched maintenance organization from the user entering hours on the work task, after Update 13 RnD have changed this value into the work tasks maintenance org - leaving us with incorrect values that controls our bookings. We currently have a case onging to get an answer from RnD on how to get the same values as before UPD13 in C55 or if there is another workaround. For us this is a showstopper to install Update13 into production environment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, we have had an error in work task reposting transactions saying “Value is missing or has an invalid time interval for posting type M144 control type C91 code part B in company **” and variations of it depending on posting control setup.

This was solved by IFS with cases G2251372-A + G2251372-B in December 21, on UPD 13. maybe this is related to your problem.

regards Johannes

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you both. It is great to hear that update 13 is clearly the problem.

Irene - That is exactly what is happening to us.  It is looking at the wrong maint org.

Johannes - I will have IFS look at those cases.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, this problem has been introduced in UPD13 by a correction that shouldn’t have been done. We are reverting that correction through a supplementary bug correction which should be taken and applied on top of UPD13.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience and we deliver the correction within next few days.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

One more note on this - I found that changing the control type from C55 to MSC2 fixed our problem.  MSC2 gives us the same postings as C55 was giving us before update 13.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

One more note on this - I found that changing the control type from C55 to MSC2 fixed our problem.  MSC2 gives us the same postings as C55 was giving us before update 13.

Yes, we tried to change into that control type, but ran into another problem. When the default value is not set for T1/T2 using this control type - we get an error message trying to add materials to the work order. So that was no working solution either.