Solved

Not able to delete created invoice from External Supplier Invoices.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Team,

One of the customers needs to delete multiple invoice lines created via “External Supplier Invoices” window. However when trying to delete the lines they are encountering with the below error.

The same behavior can be observed in core environments as well. I would like know if this is can be considered as the standard behavior of the system and if yes any particular reason behind as in why they are not allowed delete. Otherwise, can this be considered as a bug in the system?

The status of the Invoice lines that the customer tries to delete is “PrelPosted”. 

Thank you and Kind regards,

Shanuka.

icon

Best answer by Nancy Fink 2 May 2022, 13:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You can only delete external supplier invoices from this window if the invoice load status is loaded or checked.   Once the invoice is created -- you need to go to manual supplier invoice and cancel the invoice.    I would not consider this a bug.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Nancy Fink ,

Thank you for the reply. Let me communicate this to the customer and check if they have any other concerns with regard to this functionality.

Kind regards,
Shanuka.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Nancy Fink,

I have some new information to share with you. As you mentioned correctly this is not a bug. However, since customer has mentioned that in their previous UPD which is UPD9, they have had the ability to delete the lines created created via External Suppliers Invoicing functionality. Then as they applied a newer UPD version, this has been corrected. 

I informed the customer the implications of the issue reported. 
Thank you for your input.

Kind regards,
Shanuka.