Question

Mixed payment Issue - Missing setup for cross company posting

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello,

I am testing a manual customer payment transaction type in the mixed payment module. I am in company 117 but would like to post vouchers to 118 using this feature. I have no issues when posting a regular manual payment transaction within the same company but get the following error code when posting to a different company.

For context the following setup has been applied:

Voucher series per voucher type is setup for Voucher “N”.
Accounting period is open.

User groups per period looks good.

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

This error message has an extra space after “user group” and the user group is not defined - this means that the user has not been added to the user group.

Since this is a multi-company payment, it is likely that the user group is missing in the company of the manual posting (company 118). Please check the user’s default user group in both companies has got access to N type vouchers.

I’ve commonly seen this issue if the user’s default user group in the company 118 does not have access to N type voucher. When creating the intercompany posting, there is nowhere to define the user group for the company 118 (for company 117 the user group is defined in the Mixed Payment window) and it’s causing this error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks for the fast response IRituma!

Please see below snippet it looks as though my default user group in both companies have access to N type voucher. Thoughts?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Does look like company 118 is in order. Looking at the error again I notice there is another extra space after the date - this extra space usually means an issue. Could it be that company 118 might not have the full setup for accounting periods (i.e. user groups per period either not setup or closed?).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Dennis Megaffin,

Please check if the period (2021-08)and the User Group is ‘open’ in Accounting Periods window for Company - 118.

If it’s already done, can you reenter the same mixed payment and check?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks Madusha & IRituma.

It does look like the accounting periods & user groups are set to open in the appropriate period. I re-ran the mixed payment and received the same error.

Thanks,

Dennis

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I am receiving the same error in IFS Cloud 21R1 environment, and I only have one normal company and one template company and have verified all setups are correct, but still receiving error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

This is a very different error. 

To correct the above error see the following.  You may have the single function group checked. If so, uncheck that box and save. Then you can add the function group noted in the error. 

Then set up the voucher series (user group) like the below. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Tom, 

That is not the case. See below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Send the screen for the voucher series.   The message indicates that a set up is missing.   

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I don’t see a record for the function group B. Maybe I’m missing something in the image. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Tom. You’re right! There was a setup missing.