Question

Mask or Encrypt confidential information

• 26 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Regarding a issue reported with Support team via G2342026.

Does IFS have a solution to mask or encrypt social security numbers in the Supplier record Tax ID#?   Some of our suppliers report as sole proprietors so we have their SS# recorded for 1099 purposes.

This is extremely important to hide confidential information.  The attached screenshot is EXAMPLE only - I cannot send you an actual Social Security #

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Tharindu Nadeeshan 

unfortunately, this is not possible in IFS. But good idea. 

You can make the whole tab invisible in permission sets. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Link  could you tell me how you’d make the whole tab invisible in permission sets?

We use Aurena - I see an option to make it uneditable using projections, but not sure how to hide it completely.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @hreavis 

sure, you can make it unvisible as following in IEE. In Aurena I am not sure it is possible. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have the same request @Link  @hreavis  just hiding a tab for example in Customers

Seems only be possible somehow when you use the page designer and then create a specific context?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi all,

i couldn’t find a way how to manage this in Aurena 10. If I remember correctly you can’t make tabs invisible with permission sets in Aurena 10 but there should be a way with the page designer.

Since we don’t use Aurena 10 I don’t follw it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Link  I am afraid that in IFS Cloud the concept of presentation objects does not exist anymore? Not sure will have to check it out but have not find it yet :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @kvbe 

yes, that is true. This concept doesn’t exist in IFS Aurena 10 and Cloud anymore. They use projections.

But (I think) you can control the visibility with page designer.