Solved

M19 and M20 error while matching invoice with PO

• 28 November 2019
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi, 

In IFS10 we are error while matching invoice with PO Receipt.

System is asking for creating of posting control M19 and M20 where as the the PO does not not contain any Inventory part and M20 and M19 should come in to pictures only in case of inventory part.

Regards,

Mukesh

icon

Best answer by MKG019 14 November 2020, 07:22

View original

13 replies

Badge +2

Hi Mukesh,

Do you get a control type error message with the posting types M19 and M20?

I would recommend using purchase transactions history and searching ‘+’ in the has Erroneous errors section to identify the amount of transactions that are showing errors.

Kind Regards 

Jack Leach

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Jack, 

Thanks for reply but traction history is not getting created as system is not allowing to match the GRN with invoices. 

There is no posting error in receipt booking and voucher has been transferred to GL. 

Regards, 

Mukesh Gupta 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Aren’t M19 and M20 just to do with Purchase price difference (“Price diff Purch, HIGHER PRICE”, “Price diff Purch, LOWER PRICE”) regardless of whether PO is stock or non-stock?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Linda, 

Could you please let me know why this was not asking in IFS8 as in IFS8 we can book the invoices without posting control M19 and M20. 

Regards, 

Mukesh Gupta 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

That I don’t know, I’m afraid, Mukesh.  We went straight from IFS2003 to Apps9 so never worked with Apps8.  

If you have a test environment, you could set up M19 and M20 pointing to your “Purchase Price Variance” account code and test to see if it resolves your issue.  

Regards

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Linda, 

We tested this in lower environments by defining posting control M19 and M20, invoice got matched but strange there is no M19 and M20 posting line's fired.

Regards, 

Mukesh Gupta 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Did your invoice get matched exactly or with a difference?

Linda

Badge +3

not sure it has any link to it, but we recently got a bugfix for the events ‘BALINVROU+’ and ‘BALINVROU-’.  They created some faulty postings and is triggered by “Balancing invoice amount postings after rounding - Shortage Found”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We’ve had those bug fixes for BALINVROU transactions too.  Yes, M19 and M20 are used in these BALINVROU postings.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Issue is resolved in UPD7

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We are having issues in M10 and M19 with “Balancing invoice amount posting after rounding - Shortage/Excess Found”.  Is this a bug?  I can’t change my posting controls because these two posting controls also affect Receipt of Purchase Order.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

We are having issues in M10 and M19 with “Balancing invoice amount posting after rounding - Shortage/Excess Found”.  Is this a bug?  I can’t change my posting controls because these two posting controls also affect Receipt of Purchase Order.

@PatrickCuka We are also facing this issue in Application 10 . How did you fix this ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We haven’t fixed it.  Due to  staff turnover this got pushed to the backburner.  I’ll start looking into it again and if I find anything I’ll make sure to contact you.  Thx for the reminder!