Solved

Load Error for External Supplier Invoice - Invoice Already Exists

• 23 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

While importing External Supplier Invoices we receive an error message the invoice already exists when in fact the invoice doesn’t exist.  We use FastAP to process our supplier invoices.  The error is intermittent.  I believe it is timing related and how busy the server is.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Sachin Vithanage 26 April 2021, 08:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

Yes, it could be.

This error comes when there is an invoice in the system with the same invoice number for the same supplier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Brantmb,

It could be something due to server resource allocation. Yet anyway, this should not be the case as error should come when there is already an invoice with the same ID in the system. Hence, I believe you should create a ticket to IFS support to further look into.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @brantmb ,

When importing hundreds of invoices at once, in very rare occasions, there can be a situation where the system might try to process two invoices simultaneously. In such an instance, the system might allocate the same invoice number for both invoices and hence, you might get this error. But please note that this kind of a scenario is very rare and should not happen frequently.

One of the workarounds available for this issue is setting up a new queue for the incoming invoices in IFS CONNECT and set the ‘EXECUTION_MODE’ to ‘INsequence’. By doing this, the system would not start processing a new invoice until it completely finishes the previous one. There can be a slight performance drop by selecting ‘INsquence’ option instead of “INparallel’, but most of the time, the impact on operations is minimal.

However, if you face this issue quite often, it is better to raise a support ticket for further investigation purposes.

I hope this explanation helps you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Sachin, 

I will try making this change and monitor the results.  Thank for the clear explanation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Brantmb,

Further input to  Sachin’s feedback is, if you setup as insequence, it will take considerable time for large batch of invoices and of course it will depend on other background jobs also. Anyway If you are going with above option , it is better to increase below amount of processes too on relevant batch queue.

Further please note, amount of default processes are 23 and Oracle process need 5 of them. Hence you might need to increase processes from database too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Xavier, 

I am looking for some clarification.  Currently, our processes are set to 1.   Should this number be increased to at least 5 or greater or are you referring to another configuration change?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there Brantmb, You can increase certain Processes number without exceeding total 18  ( from all the queues ) as 5 processes are required for oracle process from 23 default processes. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Xavier Fernando, 

Your clarification was very helpful.  Thank you.