Question

Issue approving vouchers

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

We have few MPL vouchers currently in status not approved and they do not appear in the Approve Vouchers window so there we do not have the option to approve them.
When trying to open up in  Voucher Entry window system hangs/freez since they are too large (Too many lines). 

We do not know why they are not approved.

When we run query in pl/sql developper on VOUCHER view there are no update errors, voucher status is Not Approved and voucher_status_db is Waiting.

Any suggestion on how we could get them approved?

Regards,

Anna

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Anna,

Is your user ID connected to the User Group required for approving the vouchers. If not the vouchers might not be shown for that User ID in “Approve Vouchers” window.

Anyway in Voucher Entry window, it should ideally be shown.

Can you please check and see whether your User ID is connected to the required approving user group (Note that you can select the User Group from the drop down as well).

If everything is fine, then seems we need to check further on why it’s not shown up.

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Anna,

you can try to change user group in header of Voucher Approval window and see if your MPL vouchers will be shown.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Anna,

I did some knowledge search on this issue and was able to identify following.

Accordingly, this seems to be the standard functionality of the application. That means in IFSAPP10, the vouchers with the status of "Partially Approved", "Awaiting approval" and "Error" will only appear in ‘Approve Vouchers’ window.

This is because, if a voucher is not approved during the approval process, then they can set the status to ‘Not Approved’. And, once the required corrections are done the status could be changed to "Awaiting approval", so that approvers could proceed with the approval process.

I have done a quick test on this by including a manual voucher and it also reflected the same logic as mentioned above.

Additionally, there’s Bug ID 152473 introduced in UPD8 to address a performance issue in ‘Voucher Entry’ window. I have below mentioned relevant bug description for your reference. 

Bug Description: “There is a performance issue noted when vouchers with larger no of rows are queried in voucher entry window.”

Hope this would be helpful :)

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @atvanst ,

You can go to Approve Vouchers window in the application, query your voucher and then approve it.

With regard to the performance issue you encounter when the MPL voucher is loaded in the application, it will be better to raise a case to IFS Support. There have been several bug fixes available to improve the performance of MPL vouchers as they contain a bulk of voucher lines.

Furthermore, when updating MPL vouchers to the General Ledger, I suggest you to do this via a background job to avoid any performance lags which could arise.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for all your quick replies :-)

Changing user group does not make any difference, the user is connected to proper users groups.

When I query these vouchers in voucher_tab I see that they have status Waiting so this is why they do not appear in approve voucher windows.

As I understand the MPL vouchers are normally approved automatically but for some reason this is not hte case for these vouchers.

Is there any way to get these vouchers to approved  except from the approve voucher window where we cannot get them displayed?

Or do we need to get help from IFS to do a data repair on them setting them to approved?

/Anna

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Anna,

When loading vouchers in Voucher Entry window, have you used search criteria in Search button when querying in Voucher Entry window? 

In order to set Approved Status, may be you can use the above workaround to avoid performance issues.

If not, please raise a case to IFS Support to apply the above fix and also to conduct further investigations.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @atvanst ,

The voucher status ends up in ‘Waiting’ when all the voucher lines are not created at times.

Therefore, I think it is better to report a case to IFS Support to investigate the issue further.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Anna,

You may use ‘Voucher Entry’ window to approve these vouchers. However, due to the performance issue faced at this point (since the voucher is having too many lines) I recommend raising a case with IFS Support. 

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Atvanst,

As the voucher is not shown in Approve vouchers window, I believe you have to stick to the voucher entry window. Anyway, since due to performance issues connected with many lines, As the system gets hang, I believe you may change status to Not approved and break many lines to two or a few vouchers as the system would not freeze further and that is a temporary solution for voucher waiting to be approved.

Further, it is better if you can direct a user case with many lines in order to further investigate regards to the performance issue.