Question

ISO20022 Format

• 9 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi All,

In Standard ISO20022 transformer, we could not find the tag related to <PrtLctn>.

But one of the bank is expecting us to send the default value as 001 in <PrtLctn> tag for Inter-Bank Transfer.

Is anybody aware why this tag is missing in Standard ISO20022 transformer.

Thanks for the support in Advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Sandesh,

When you do domestic transfer for a supplier payment, you normally use transfer method “TRF” and PrtLctn tag is not applicable for generic transfers and it is only used for CHK payments. But, I assume your IFS customer is not having an intention to use Check payment via ISO20022 CT file.

Best Regards

Eranda

Hi Eranda, 

Do you have any Document as how to set-up ISO20022 CT file. I would like to check this output file. 

Regards, 

Sandesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Sandesh,

When you do domestic transfer for a supplier payment, you normally use transfer method “TRF” and PrtLctn tag is not applicable for generic transfers and it is only used for CHK payments. But, I assume your IFS customer is not having an intention to use Check payment via ISO20022 CT file.

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Eranda,

Thanks for you response.

I was referring to Domestic Transfer towards supplier payment which involves payment to supplier apart from Citi Bank.

As I mentioned earlier, PrtLctn tag itself is not available in ISO20022 Transformer, even if we use transfer method as CHK, how it will appear in output ISO20022 file.

Regards,

Sandesh

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Sandesh,

I suspect there is a misunderstanding. IFS support for ISO20022 based Credit Transfer payment. That is mainly for vendor payments. Does your IFS customer wants to move fund from one cash account to another? How are you going to map it?

PrtLctn is used only for check instructions and it is only possible to use when payment transfer method CHK. 

Best Regards

Eranda

Hi Eranda,

Thanks for you response.

I was referring to Domestic Transfer towards supplier payment which involves payment to supplier apart from Citi Bank.

As I mentioned earlier, PrtLctn tag itself is not available in ISO20022 Transformer, even if we use transfer method as CHK, how it will appear in output ISO20022 file.

Regards,

Sandesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Sandesh,

I suspect there is a misunderstanding. IFS support for ISO20022 based Credit Transfer payment. That is mainly for vendor payments. Does your IFS customer wants to move fund from one cash account to another? How are you going to map it?

PrtLctn is used only for check instructions and it is only possible to use when payment transfer method CHK. 

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Eranda,

It was asked by Citi Bank Panama for Inter Bank Transfer.

Since, Bank was referring to Inter Bank Transfer, I did not set-up check process for ISO20022.

Assume, if we set-up the check process, but still PrtLctn will not be available in ISO20022 output file, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, because, standard IFS ISO20022 transformer does not have the tag of PrtLctn.

Regards,

Sandesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @EnvSandeB ,

Can I know the bank who is demanding this (and the country too)?

PrtLctn (print location) is used for the check payments (given under check instructions )and it is not a mandatory XML tag in ISO20022 payment (in theory we call it bilaterally determined field).  

My other question is have you managed to setup a complete check payment process via ISO20022 CT file?

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @EnvSandeB 

I think its better to create a case to Support to further investigate this issue.

Best Regards

Heshani