Solved

Is it possible to add Cash Account Text to Navigator? How?

• 25 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello!

I want add this function (Cash Account Text) to Navigator. Is it possible? 
Now I have to access it by right clicking  form Cash Accounts  and select Cash Accounts Text…

I use IFS8. 

Thanks for your help in advance!

BR

Bright

icon

Best answer by Gayathrie Thiruvalluvar 25 November 2021, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Bright,

Please find my answers below.

Best regards,

Gayathrie

IFS Global Support

1. I do it as your instruction. It shows one cash account in this function. Is it possible to show all cash accounts for one company? 

If yes, how to edit The URL ?

Answer: as communicated above,  Cash Account Texts window is company and account specific.

By design, the window will show only one record at a time and the record is automatically created at the time of creation of the cash account.

Accordingly, even if you generally populate the window by accessing it in the normal way [via RMB from the Cash account], still only the line for a single account is shown.

Changing this behaviour may need to be handled as a customization.

I am not aware of any simple ways to do this using any existing application options.

2. All of this button is inactive (populate, query, save, add, copy, delete). Is it possible to active it?

Answer: In the general Cash Account Texts window the only possibility is to add a text to the text field, edit and save only.

The functions such as populating, querying, saving, adding are intentionally not enabled due to the same reason mentioned above.

[By design, the window will show only one record at a time and the record is automatically created at the time of creation of the cash account.]

Changing this behaviour, as well, if needed, may need to be handled as a customization.

I am not aware of any simple way to do this using any existing application options.

Thanks a lot for your quick and clear answer! It is strange design. It is not convenient for user. Anyway there is not so much lines. Not big problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Bright,

Kindly note that the Cash Account Texts window is company and account specific. Therefore, if the user wants to add this to the navigator he/she may need to enter a navigator entry for each company and account combination.

One way of achieving your requirement is explained below.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Gayathrie

IFS Global Support

1. Go to the relevant Cash Account Text of each cash account and enable the Address bar at the top and copy the address [URL/link]

1. RMB on the navigator pane and select New > Item.
  1. Here, select the Application Page option and enter the title [better add company ID or name, window name and the cash account info here, for ease of identification] and add the URL/link that was copied to the Address field.

Select the startup behaviour as "Populate".

Click OK.

1. This gets added to the navigator and user can save the profile to retain it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Bright,

Kindly note that the Cash Account Texts window is company and account specific. Therefore, if the user wants to add this to the navigator he/she may need to enter a navigator entry for each company and account combination.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Gayathrie

IFS Global Support

1. Go to the relevant Cash Account Text of each cash account and enable the Address bar at the top and copy the address [URL/link]

1. Here, select the Application Page option and enter the title [better add company ID or name, window name and the cash account info here, for ease of identification] and add the URL/link that was copied to the Address field.

Click OK.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Bright,

Please find my answers below.

Best regards,

Gayathrie

IFS Global Support

1. I do it as your instruction. It shows one cash account in this function. Is it possible to show all cash accounts for one company? 

Answer: as communicated above,  Cash Account Texts window is company and account specific.

By design, the window will show only one record at a time and the record is automatically created at the time of creation of the cash account.

Accordingly, even if you generally populate the window by accessing it in the normal way [via RMB from the Cash account], still only the line for a single account is shown.

Changing this behaviour may need to be handled as a customization.

I am not aware of any simple ways to do this using any existing application options.

2. All of this button is inactive (populate, query, save, add, copy, delete). Is it possible to active it?

Answer: In the general Cash Account Texts window the only possibility is to add a text to the text field, edit and save only.

The functions such as populating, querying, saving, adding are intentionally not enabled due to the same reason mentioned above.

[By design, the window will show only one record at a time and the record is automatically created at the time of creation of the cash account.]

Changing this behaviour, as well, if needed, may need to be handled as a customization.

I am not aware of any simple way to do this using any existing application options.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Bright,

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Gayathrie

IFS Global Support

Click OK.

Hello! Gayathrie,

2 more questions.

1, I do it as your instruction. It shows one cash account in this function. Is it possible to show all cash accounts for one company? 

ifsapf:tbwCashAccountText?COMPANY=02&DATA_TRANSFER=%2F%2F4VAEMAYQBzAGgAQQBjAGMAbwB1AG4AdAAWABYAQwBSAEUAQQBUAEUAXwBXAEkATgBEAE8AVwAWABcAQwBPAE0AUABBAE4AWQAWAAUAUwBIAE8AUgBUAF8ATgBBAE0ARQAWAAUAGAAwADIAFgBCAE8AQwAWABkA

2, All of this button is inactive (populate, query, save, add, copy, delete). Is it possible to active it?