Question

Integration with bank. Certificate path error

• 25 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am integrating with a bank and defining the Routing Address in the HTML-SOAP standard. The bank provided me with a communication certificate that supports the connection. The certificate works with SOAP UI. However, the connection fails to start in IFS. I have made several attempts and received the following error message:
ExecutionException from Sender thread
Caused by: ifs.fnd.connect.senders.ConnectSender$TemporaryFailureException: Exception while sending data
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

In my opinion, this indicates an issue with the certificate's location. I uploaded the communication certificate using the "Upload certificate" command in the Routing Address form. After uploading, the certificate disappears, but a "Success" message is displayed. Is this the correct procedure?
Can someone help me? How can I do this correctly?

This solution doesn't work for me.

Kind regards,

TR

2 replies

Badge +2

Thank you for your help, Damith.

I have added the certificates to the Keystores and added entries in the Additional Headers: ssl:KeyStoreId=Cert and ssl:KeyStorePwd=pass. However, a different error has occurred and the connection is not being established.

ExecutionException from Sender thread 
Caused by: ifs.fnd.connect.senders.ConnectSender$TemporaryFailureException: Exception while sending data 
Caused by: ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: Exception while obtaining SSL socket factory 
Caused by: java.io.IOException: toDerInputStream rejects tag type 45

Kind regards,

TR

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Tomasz Kot 

I haven’t bumped into this problem yet but I suppose you need to import the certificate and mentioned in the additional headers

See the HTTPs consideration in the documentation

Routing Rules and Addresses - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Hope it helps!

Damith