Solved

Instant Invoice Tax Code

• 3 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello,

When we create an instant invoice, with a certain customer and certain sales object, the tax code which appears, has nothing to do with the customer or the sales object (image InstantInvoice.png).

The customer has the tax code field empty (image Customer.png), and the sales object has a different tax code inserted (image SalesObject.png).

Therefore my doubt is, what is the criteria of IFS for choosing a tax code in an instant invoice line from a sales object, if not the tax code inserted in that sales object?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Mendes

icon

Best answer by carlosfmendes 7 July 2022, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

For some reason the creation of the post generated 161 attachments, when I only added 3… :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @carlosfmendes,

Please check the address tab of customer window, Refer below screen preview

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Narmada ,

We have no value in that tab for any address for this customer.

We do have values in the Tax Free Tax Codes, however they are also not the ones that appear by default (attached image). So where exactly does IFS choose the Tax Code from?

I tested removing the “Taxable” check box from the Sales Object, and with that, the tax code from the Sales Object is correctly selected. Now my doubt is, if not taxable, how exactly would that influence the calculations, if the tax code’s percentage is not Zero? Is this possible, for the Sales Object to be not taxable, but with a tax code having a percentage different from 0?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Mendes

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Ok, was able to understand what IFS does.

• If the Instant Invoice Tax Liability is:
    • Exempt
      • Checks the taxable field of Sales Part
        • Taxable (different from Tax Liability)
          • Gets the Tax Code from Customer / Address / Delivery Tax Information / Supply Country / Taxes.
        • Non Taxable (same as Tax Liability)
          • Gets the Tax Code from the Sales Part.
    • Tax
      • Checks the taxable field of Sales Part
        • Taxable (same as Tax Liability)
          • Gets the Tax Code from the Sales Part.
        • Non Taxable (different from Tax Liability)
          • Gets the Tax Code from Customer / Address / Delivery Tax Information / Supply Country / Tax Free Tax Codes.