How to use Update Cost Set Estimate Material Cost

• 23 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 528 replies

Community,

cannot find any documentation for Update Cost Set Estimated Material Cost this function. it is in path Engineering>Costing>Maintain Costing Data>Update Cost Set Estimated Material Cost

Anyone know how to use this function?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@cperdue thank you again for your input. I did a test, please see attached doc. Update Cost Set Estimated Material Cost this job still have issues. my testing shows it does not update anything. wondering what’s wrong.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14
  1. Yes
  2. I have always left the percent of change blank
  3. To my understanding the first is to make an systematic cost adjustment while the second will allow you to copy from other cost sets.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@cperdue thank you. but i have another question.

I have another 3 question.

1. what if the from value is 0, then the Estimate Cost set 2 value also will be copied with 0 value for those parts selected?
  2. the field Percentage Change, if i don’t want to make any changes, i should put 0 in this field, correct?
  3. there is another job Update Estimate Material Cost, what is the difference between this job and Update Cost Set Estimate Material Cost?

Thank you for your time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

There are 5 base cost sets.   Estimated is cost set 2.   When you update the estimated cost set, you select which of the cost sets you wish to update from (average, latest, planned are most typical).  Other inventory basic data sets can be used to limit the update to certain inventory groups/subsets.