Question

How to Import a company template in IFS Cloud

• 11 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

What is the procedure for getting a Company Template Imported in IFS Cloud?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Hassan Shareef ,

This functionality is still missing in IFS Cloud. It’s not in 21R2 either. 

As far as I know, this is currently possible only through .INS files that should be run directly in the database. When you choose an existing template and export it, the system creates .INS files which can then be run using PL/SQL Developer. But note that this requires customer’s permission if it’s not an internal environment. 

As this is a basic data setup, I believe there should be a mechanism to import the company template from the application itself and I’m not sure why RnD had removed it in the first place. It’s better to open a case and ask about this from RnD if you haven’t already.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

It has been decided implementing Import Company Template in IFS Cloud will not be done.

In IFS Cloud a normal user is not allowed (due to permissions) to install any files into the environment. This must be managed by certified persons like administrators, and they can do this without any Assistant from the application. So, the Import Company Templates assistant is no longer available in IFS Cloud.

Below are suggested actions, that can be used to import company template.

1.           Deploy .ins files directly to the DB

2.           Apply as a delivery through Customer Solution repository in Build place

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@tibsltd 

Could you please expand on this. 

Since customer is managed by Cloud Ops -- does Cloud Ops have to create a delivery for the customer? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Hassan Shareef ,

This functionality is still missing in IFS Cloud. It’s not in 21R2 either. 

As far as I know, this is currently possible only through .INS files that should be run directly in the database. When you choose an existing template and export it, the system creates .INS files which can then be run using PL/SQL Developer. But note that this requires customer’s permission if it’s not an internal environment. 

As this is a basic data setup, I believe there should be a mechanism to import the company template from the application itself and I’m not sure why RnD had removed it in the first place. It’s better to open a case and ask about this from RnD if you haven’t already.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Hello,

Glad if you could mark this as the best answer if it answered your question.
Thanks!
​​​​​​​
Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ Tony J,

Adding to the same concern raised by Nancy; Could you please explain on how the above suggested solutions should be performed?

• Is it IFS cloud who should do it?
  • Or else should it (delivery) be handled through a Jira case?

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Badge +2

A couple of clarifying comments are probably helpful here for the customers running in the IFS Cloud Service.

- All deliveries are managed entirely by the customer/project team/partner/consultant - This is a key purpose of the build place/Lifecycle experience. To give customers and their partners full control and autonomy around the delivery process.

- The .ins file can be installed as a delivery via the build place, either as a normal delivery as part of the normal process or as a one time, correctional delivery, out of band so to speak.

All teams both IFS and external partners who are implementing  IFS Cloud should already be aware of the above 2 points but I wanted to make it crystal clear.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Rasangi Tilakaratne  or @Nancy Fink  were you able reconfirm if cloud team should handle delivery? Thanks in advance.

Badge +2

Hi

Unfortunately my recent experience is that Cloud Team DO NOT handle the delivery.

Regards

Mark