Question

How to Differentiate Cancelled Invoice & Credit Invoice for Report creation

• 21 October 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team,

I have a requirement of creating two reports which will include Customer Order Credit Invoice & Customer Order Cancelled Invoice respectively.

But I am not able to distinguish between the two as both the Invoices will have same Invoice Type i.e. CUSTORDCRE and also created in the same way.

Request you to please help me in identifying the parameters which will differentiate them.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

You are allowed to cancel customer invoices with the status “preliminary”. Please refer to the screen print below.

When you cancel this invoice the status will be changed to “cancelled”.

However, the invoice type will be same. That is “CUSTORDDEB”.

When you create a credit invoice invoice type will be changed to “CUSTORDCRE”.

Best Regards,

Yoshini

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Rakesh,

If you have printed customer invoice, there is no way to cancel it (using cancellation function of the system). All you can do is to create credit note, reversing the printed one - and then print it as well. 

System will not differentiate situation where you have sent original to your customer followed then by credit note, from where you have kept both original and credit note in your records. And I think this second one is what you are calling “cancellation”.

Perhaps all you can do is to put specific note in invoice notes on your “Cancellation” invoice, but it always will be manual procedure and not system behavior. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Rakesh ,

So, apart from crediting a customer order debit invoice (cancellation scenario), in which other way does the customer create ‘Credit Invoices’ ? Do they use the RMA process to create credit invoices?

Anyway,  when you  create a Credit Invoice for a Debit Invoice (cancellation), in the relevant credit invoice, debit invoice number will be fetched as a reference.

You may check the feasibility of using this reference as a validation for your purpose.

Sachin

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Not sure if this is finally answered or not.  My understanding of the question is how to identify a canceled invoice as compared to a credit. 

In this view -  CUST_ORDER_INV_HEAD_UIV_ALL you can see the invoice state of Canceled. The below is the same invoice - before and after cancel. 

You will (may) also see a cancelation reason (if entered).

I’m sure other views will have the data your looking for. 

Typically, I would locate the invoices for review in IFS then look at the data within a given view, and compare the different attributes.  

The above was a simple sql select * from CUST_ORDER_INV_HEAD_UIV_ALL
where company = '24'
and Creators_Reference like 'P14910'   This gave me the invoice to review - I sent this to excel and then canceled the invoice and did the same process - send the data to excel where I could compare the data. 

This particular view would have customer order related invoices (of all types).   It will not have instant invoices - but that does not appear to be part of the concern.  

It should be easy to get what your looking for. 

Best regards, 

Thomas
'

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team.

Request you to please help me on this.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Yoshini Silva 

Thank you for the response.

But I have a query how to deal if I have already printed my Customer Order Debit Invoice and want to cancel it???

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team,

Humbly request your help on this. 

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Rakesh,

I hope you’re doing well!

You can try to create a credit invoice for the original customer order invoice. Then please check the total balance in the customer analysis window by querying the order number. You will notice that the original amount has been reversed. Net amount will be zero.

Hope it is clear. :)

Best Regards,

Yoshini

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Adam Bereda 

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

Just a query, Is der any column where I can add specific note manually?? I am unable to find any column

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Yoshini Silva 

My query was how I will differentiate a Customer Order Debit Invoice which is cancelled & a Customer Order Credit Invoice.

As both of them have same Invoice Type & created in the same manner.

My requirement is we want 2 reports which will fetch Cancelled Customer Order Debit Invoice & Customer Order Credit Invoice respectively.

I want to know the parameters by which I can differentiate that this is a Cancelled CO Debit Invoice & the other is Customer Order Credit Invoice.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Rakesh ,

As Yoshini mentioned, Customer Order Debit Invoices will have the invoice type ‘CUSTORDDEB’ and Customer Order Credit Invoices will have the invoice type ‘CUSTORDCRE’.

I’m wondering why you are unable to differentiate the reports using the Invoice Type?

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Sachin Vithanage 

The requirement is generally Client will be cancelling the Invoices which are already printed.

As far I know the only way to cancel a printed CO Debit Invoice by creating a Credit Invoice of same quantity.

So the Cancelled Invoice will have Invoice Type as CUSTORDCRE.

My requirement is a report will be created which will include only the Cancelled Invoices but I am not able to help my technical consultant as currently the report is picking Cancelled Invoices created for a particular time period as well as Credit Invoices created during same period.

So I want to know is der any parameter by which I can differentiate between CO Cancelled Invoices & CO Credit Invoices. This will help technical consultant to pick only the Cancelled CO Invoices instead of both.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Sachin Vithanage 

No the problem is they are not using RMA process for creating Credit Invoices. They are creating Credit Invoice using RMB option.

Regarding Debit Invoice reference as a validation point I guess this will not work as this will appear for both Cancelled Invoice & Credit Invoice.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh