Solved

How to define separate Invoice Number Series for Series Id

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team,

How to create two different Invoice Number Series for a Series Id (ex: Customer Order Invoice, CD) for 2 different states.

Thanks,

Rakesh

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 20 August 2021, 09:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Rakesh,

It is possible to define separate series IDs for different addresses/states of the selling company (using company address) 

This can be done using the Branch option in the ‘Combinations Per Invoice Type’

The branches can be created connecting any address ID of the company.

However, I am not sure it is possible to have separate series IDs based on customer’s state.

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Rakesh ,

In addition to the above answer, are you referring to two invoice series in two states such as Preliminary invoice(PR) and Final invoice (CD)?

If that is the case, Please define invoice series first as below ;

Then attached it on customer invoice type as Final and Preliminery relavant invoice type.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Xavier Fernando 

Thank u so much for the detailed explanation.

A small query which series id should be used for Customer Debit Note in Invoice Series window.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Rakesh ,

I hope you are referring to the Customer order invoice ( Debit invoice) as a Customer debit note? If that is the case, Series ID would be CD. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Shehan Almeida @Xavier Fernando 

Please find below the screenshots for the configuration I have done

Now my requirement is when I will create a Advance Customer Invoice for GJ-Branch the first invoice no should start with 8022200000. Similarly when I will create a Advance Customer Invoice for TN-Branch the first invoice no should start with 8022200000.

But now I m getting 8022200001 for TN-Branch as the first Advance Customer Invoice no as 8022200000 is already used for GJ-Branch. 

How to fix it.

Thanks in advance

Rakesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Rakesh,

Your setup seems wrong for combinations per invoice type.. You have mapped the same series ID for both the branches. That's why you get the next sequence number ..

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida. 

P.S. 

Make sure the invoice also has the correct branch selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Rakesh ,

When you have used same invoice series different branches, series will continue from 8022200000 to 8022200001 etc. So As Suggested above , if you wish to have new series for TN branch, please use another new series.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Xavier Fernando @Shehan Almeida 

Please find below the screenshots

I created a diff series id for TN Branch and connected it but the problem still exists .It is not working

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Please check the branch ID in the customer invoice make sure it isselected as TN.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Shehan Almeida 

Series Id is taking AD & branch is TN

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Rakesh,

You might have to contact IFS Support as it seems this will need further investigations.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Shehan Almeida 

Default Invoice Series is AD. that is the error is happening. Can we do something here

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It should work regardless of the default series ID. First priority should be given to the Branch. 

Need to investigate whether this is a basic data issue or a bug.

However, In core environments I got it working. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Shehan Almeida 

May be I am missing some basic set up here.

It will be really helpful if you post sequence wise configuration screenshots  for this.

In my case both branches belongs to different sites. Is it anything related to this I am getting the issue??

Thanks,

Rakesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Shehan Almeida 

Thanks, it worked. I selected wrong Numeration Group so I was getting the issue.

Thank u so much again

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Shehan Almeida 

Just a query after creating 2 branches in Branches window. Is it possible to connect two branches to one site?

As site is connected when we create a Customer Order, so how will the application know which Branch to consider for the Invoice Series? 

Earlier I created 2 sites as a result issue was not there but as per the requirement I have to use 1 site only.

How to proceed here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Rakesh,

It is possible to connect one branch per site atany given time.

Therefore, you will have to change the branch of the invoice before it is printed.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thank u so much @Shehan Almeida