Question

Fixed Asset_Acquisition value is Zero

• 14 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Dear All, 

When I try to activate an object it gives me the question “Acquisition value is zero. Do you want to activate the object?”. Normal cycle is followed from PO to invoicing and why does this question arise?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

HI,

please verify if invoice voucher contains correct value in Fixed Assets code part.

BR,

Adam

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi, 

Did you get info message ‘This Voucher will update Fixed Assets’? Also you need to update the GL voucher before activation of FA object.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi,

Please go through the below basic data setup for fixed assets acquisition and try to find the missing parts. Then you will be able to activate the object.

Define a Code Part for FA Accounting

1. Open the Define Code String window.
  2. Specify one code part and code part function for Fixed Assets Accounting.
  3. Save the information.

Create Acquisition Accounts

1. Open the Account window.
  2. Enter new and create new accounts as below.
  3. Save the information.

Add Acquisition Accounts

1. Open the Acquisition Accounts window.
  2. Populate the window. View existing acquisition accounts.
  3. Add new rows, and enter below accounts as acquisition accounts.
  4. Save your changes.

Enter Object Groups

1. Open the Object Group window, and populate it.
  2. View the existing object groups, and add new ones as necessary.
  3. Create the following new object groups.
  4. Save your changes.

Enter the Object

1. Open the Object window.
  2. Create new records, and enter the information for the new objects.
  3. Save the information.

Change the Object Status

1. Open the Objects window.
  2. Query for the machines that you created.
  3. Select the rows, right-click, and then click Investment, to change the object status

Enter Acquisition Values

1. Open the Voucher Entry window.
  2. Create a new record. [Default values for voucher date, voucher type, and voucher status will be displayed]
  3. Select the Voucher Postings tab, and then create new records and enter voucher rows as below.
  4. Save your changes.
  5. An Information message would come as “This Voucher will update Fixed Assets”. Click OK
  6. Right-click and select Instant Update General Ledger
  7. Click OK

View Acquisition Values

1. Open the Object Transactions Analysis window.
  2. Query for the obejcts  
  3. You can view the acquisition values that have been updated to IFS/Fixed Assets.

Activate the Object

1. Open the Objects window.
  2. Query for your object
  3. Right-click and then click Activate Object.
  4. Activate Object window opens.
  5. Save your entry.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you all. I have missed one process step in the cycle, "Transfer Inventory Transactions” :grin:.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you all. I have missed one process step in the cycle, "Transfer Inventory Transactions” :grin:.  

Hi @XitIlhamI would you please let me know when are we suppose to do ‘Transfer Inventory Transactions’ in the workflow @Kalpa Veranga mentioned.

we are thinking of starting using Fixed Asset Module and I am at very initial stage of exploring this. So far, i have done steps mentioned above and cannot see anything in View Acquisition Values step. so cannot activate object yet.

@Kalpa Veranga 
you mentioned enter voucher rows as below, can you please post the missing screenshot :neutral_face:. I couldn’t get the message  “This Voucher will update Fixed Assets”

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @XitIlhamI would you please let me know when are we suppose to do ‘Transfer Inventory Transactions’ in the workflow @Kalpa Veranga mentioned.

we are thinking of starting using Fixed Asset Module and I am at very initial stage of exploring this. So far, i have done steps mentioned above and cannot see anything in View Acquisition Values step. so cannot activate object yet.

@Kalpa Veranga 
you mentioned enter voucher rows as below, can you please post the missing screenshot :neutral_face:. I couldn’t get the message  “This Voucher will update Fixed Assets”

Hi,

This was taken from one my examples. These are the things that need to be entered in Voucher Postings tab. Please use your account and FA code parts for this. Once you enter and save it you will get the information message “This Voucher will update Fixed Assets”. 

Account

FA Code Part

Currency Debit Amount

Currency Credit Amount

M1

M2

M3

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Kalpa Veranga can you help me with this error on voucher entry screen, missing something in code Part Fix Assets, which screen is this complaining for.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@Kalpa Veranga can you help me with this error on voucher entry screen, missing something in code Part Fix Assets, which screen is this complaining for.

Hi @ OrangeCloud,

I have done some knowledge search and similar cases has reported before for different versions of the APP. Please try the below TEST plan to solve the issue.

The error message: FA acquisition account 2140 supplied but object identity missing in code part Asset come because Pre-Posting is not set to M151 Posting for Code Part Asset.

After you setup above step then go to the Rotable part Pool window and select the Object which has erroneous accounting and the do “Refresh Preposing”. After that you have to do the Transfer inventory Transactions once again for the correct site.

Please let me know once you try it.

Kind Regards,

Kalpa.