Solved

Final Year End Process - Simulation voucher (reverse voucher) are exclude from the RAZ

• 21 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi there!

My client using IFS10. We performed the Year End Process and we faced an issue. Indeed, we got a gap in our result and this gap is exctacly equal to our “simulation voucher”. For reminder, “simulation voucher” are used to get automatic reverse voucher. So then, those voucher have to be part of the result of the year end and I don’t understand why the system exclude those vouchers?

Could you please assist?

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 21 January 2022, 22:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Typically a simulation voucher is used as “what if” type entry. What if sales was 100,000 higher and cogs was 25,000 higher.   

They simulate what if XYZ happened.  Sure the functionality can be used for other, but it’s not a requirement to get an automatic reversing entry such as a traditional accrual / reversing entry.  For example it is very common to enter a M type voucher (no simulation) and have the entry reverse next month.

Simulation voucher are just as described, they are used to simulate what of X occurred what would the results look like. They are not to be seen as “actual” entries in the same way as M type vouchers or other.  

I'm not sure I agree with the comment “For reminder, “simulation voucher” are used to get automatic reverse voucher”.    That would  be a usage that I have not seen before.  Every country has different ways of doing things. I’ve worked implementations in many countries, I just have not seen that use case before. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

thanks Thomas. It is very clear, so then, simulation voucher should not be used to automatize reverse vouchers.

regards

Kherdine

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

On a separate  question”GL  reversing entries” it was indicated by another IFS employee to use simulation vouchers.   Now we have just encountered the same issue as Kherdine for closing year end.     @Thomas Peterson   is there any other way to automate auto reversing entries?  

post from another case:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

In NA we use the term reversing entry for when we need to enter a posting and have this reverse out the next month. Use case, consider a payroll accrual where the pay period ends on 25 of the month, yet expenses need to be reported from 25 to end of the month. 

In IFS speak - we create an “interim” voucher.   In voucher entry use the option to create an interim voucher and IFS will create a reversing  entry for the first day of the next accounting period. The first day is just  default, when the option (for interim voucher) is used a window is presented where the date can be changed. 

This is an older version of IFS. But note the option is available from an RMB.  Aurena has same options but not via a RMB. 

Then a pop up window where you enter the date or leave this as default. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

hi, 

@Thomas Peterson, actually we know this solution but I think the point of @Rcoubrou is how we can have an automatic “interim voucher”. For me, in the standard there is no functionality to handle this case. And this why, for some clients, we used “simulation” voucher in voucher type to automatize the reverse (interim) voucher… but it is not a good practice once we faced issue in the End Year Closing process

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Please note that Simulation vouchers are also not picked up on cost allocations if you use that feature.