Question

Failed Application Message to HMRC

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

We keep getting a failed application message to HMRC on one of our Supplier Verification Proposals, and now the proposal is sat in a Processing state that we cannot do anything with.

The message sent successfully on another supplier in Feb and the addresses are exactly the same but we now get the following error:

1:javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received close_notify during handshake

Is anyone else experiencing issues with this address?

Many thanks

Hayley

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Kasun Alahakoon  no resolution as yet, HMRC are looking in to it their end but it seems the submission may not have even reached them so was wondering if anyone knows how to remove or cancel a submission verification proposal that is stuck in status Processing to see if we can clear it and re-submit?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @HayleyG,

Appreciate if you can share information if this has been resolved? Solution would be helpful for the community :slight_smile:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @HayleyG ,

Yes, we have multiple UK based customers reporting the same error.

Hope you can follow up with support ticket for further updates.

Additionally,  /submission and /poll are REST endpoints. Are you able to access them via web browser or a specialized tool like Postman? 

And try to use the same end-point using web service tester within IFS solution manager(in IEE).

Perhaps, something changed in these end-points recently, after Feb 7th? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Kasun Alahakoon, was this recently that other UK based customers reporting the same issue?

The most recent information I can find online regarding any changes is Feb 2018 which references:

and we have checked these in our firewall permissions.

I just cannot understand how it worked fine for another supplier on 7th Feb but now failing on a submission dated 23rd. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @HayleyG,

As I understood that https://transaction-engine.tax.service.gov.uk is a public domain. Do you know if this service is available at the moment? Or if something changed in their infrastructure or protocol to connect ?

I know there was different customer(UK based) also reporting the same issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @HayleyG,

In a previous similar situation, the solution provided was to consider the following parameters:

-DUseSunHttpHandler=true

-Dssl.SocketFactory.provider=sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl

-Dssl.ServerSocketFactory.provider=sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl"

Please add just the first parameter above in one of your TEST environments to verify if this resolves your issue.

It may be that the other parameters should be tried if the one does not work only.

Please see below screen for more information. You can raise a support case to F1 and Technology if this is not successful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @IRituma I have raised an IFS support case, but @Achala Bhagya if you know of any work arounds that would be great.

We have checked our firewall rules and that address is enabled.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Achala Bhagya, yes we are Apps8

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @HayleyG,

Is your application version is APP8?

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Please raise an IFS support case for this