external supplier Invoice Template STDSIN1 matching with Purchase Order

• 29 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 13 replies

Hi IFS Community,

I was just researching about the external supplier invoice interface (STDSIN1)
I get all the information about the invoice from an external system via the interface, including the order number.
The question is if there is possibility that PO matching is done automatically?

I read in the other post that it is not possible. Are you of the same opinion?

“..I think PO matching is not possible in external supplier invoice interface,..”

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

In IFS it doesn’t matter how the invoice gets generated - manual entry or imported from a template. IFS can then create the posting proposal and will do the 3-way match with a PO.

So definitely it is possible for IFS to auto-match an imported supplier invoice with a PO.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I think the comment in the original post was worded in a way it can be misunderstood, but they meant to say that it is not required to include the posting rows when importing invoices, if we will match the invoice to a PO. IFS will do that automatically in the posting proposal.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

But does it only work with activated posting proposal? My client has not activated it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The posting proposal will only do the matching automatically. But that isn’t mandatory. They can use the external import as if they were creating the invoice manually - after it’s been created, manually do the matching. So the external invoice works also without the use of posting proposals, but it wont’ auto-match.

Out of interest - why have they chosen to not use posting proposals? It’s very unusual because of the authorisation rules matrix it enables, plus the automatic postings.