Solved

External File Template Supplier Invoice

• 9 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I am seeing several posts regarding the STDSIN1 and STDSIN2 external templates, but am not sure it’s clear which one I should use. 

Can we use the STDSIN2 - Standard Supplier Invoice File A template to import a supplier invoice with multiple invoice lines each coded to a different account?

If so, can someone please provide some detail about how to accomplish this.

thanks

Shelley

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 12 September 2022, 17:24

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @smelanson,

to import a supplier invoice with multiple invoice lines and with postings on many accounts you should use STDSIN1 template. This template gives possibility to enter many rows with record type id = I (this type is used to enter invoice lines) and many rows with record type id = P (this type is used to enter postings). 

The template STDSIN2 can be used only for invoices with on invoice line. There is no possibility to import multi-line invoice using this template.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
Well, I am not sure if Adam is right here. 
STDSIN1 template is a way to load entire invoice (header, line, tax, posting and payment plan) in single file line.

I have never used it in version 10, but in older versions it was possible to repeat the same invoice number several times to create single invoice with multiple tax codes. 

I think the easiest way would be to create sample file with 2 or 3 lines and try to load it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @smelanson 

it depends on your requirements. 

If you want to create for each rows (from you import file) a separate man. supplier invoice then use STDSIN2.

SDSIN1 is much more complicated. Use it if your import file has for each supplier invoice the structure H (header), I (line information), P (posting information), T (taxes).  For each invoice you have only one H and n times of I, P, T. N, V, O are optional.

The big problem is how will you create this structure as import file (CSV)? We did it with an external tool.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Our scenario would be something like this. 

Invoice #123 for $2588.0 - total tax amount = $278.52

Posting line #1  - $350 coded to account code for Meals 

Posting line #1  - tax code = NA                    

Posting line #2  - $728.45 coded to account code for travel

Posting line #2 - tax code = VAT / tax amount = 116.55

posting Line #3 -  $1038.03 coded to account code for accommodations

Posting line #3 -tax code = VAT / tax amount = 161.97

Posting line #4 - $193.00 coded to account code for incidentals

Posting line #4  - tax code = NA 

thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Shelley

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @smelanson 

then you need the file template SDSIN1. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,
I have double-checked in version 8 (I suppose it is same in version 10, possibly even in Cloud, but in Cloud it might be currently not possible to create your own file templates).

There is column C72 in file type ExtSuppInv, record type A, named MULTIPLE_LINES_ALLOWED.

This column is not mapped in template STDSIN2. 
You can copy this template to new one and add missing mapping somewhere, e.g. as last column.

Then you can load multiline invoices using A-type file lines. Please note field ITEM_ID should contain invoice line number, and ROW_ID: posting number for line.

Result of my test in V8 env:

using test file attached.

I hope it helps you

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

In addition to my previous post - MULTIPLE_LINES_ALLOWED must have value ‘TRUE’ - either in the file itself, or using default value in template definition (using Function Details option). 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks Adam !

I am going to try and work on your suggestions today. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good morning, 

I was able to import an invoice with 2 lines using a copy of the STDSIN2 template.  I’ve addedthe Multiple_Lines_Allowed field and set it to True.  the invoice Load Status is Created and and the Invoice Status is Preliminary.  I can see the invoice line information in the External Supplier Invoice Line Information window and can also see the posting information in the External Supplier Invoice Posting Information window.   

The problem is that in the Manual Supplier invoice window, I can inquire on my invoice but the RMB option for Posting Proposal is grey.  I don’t see that any posting information was created. 

What am I missing?

Thanks very much!

Shelley

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, Shelley,
If you have created supplier invoice in Preliminary status, it means that in company parameters, flag “Create Postings at invoice entry” is disabled, and each time you need to use “Post invoice” option in Manual supplier invoice window to create invoice I voucher.
Please check “External invoice parameters” window as well - you have an option there to create posting proposal for postings loaded - I think normally it is not enabled, but if you want to run the approval workflow (posting proposal) for loaded postings, you should enable it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks Adam,  

Your information was very helpful.  I’ve successfully created a few external supplier invoices in our non production environment. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, I tried to add the field Multiple_line_Allowed. But I get an error.
Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong or whether this is no longer possible in Apps10?