Solved

ExtCustPayment of External File Transaction Error

• 20 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I am trying to upload remittance advice data from a text file.  I have created an external file template off the ExtCustPayment file type.  When I use the External File Assistant to upload the file, I get an error about Payment Method (Way_Id) cannot be null.  It is not null and I can see it has data in the External File Transactions Detail page.

Payment Method Mandatory Error, but has data

I am not sure if it is just a bad value (thought I did get the value from the dropdown list on the External Payments dropdown for payment type) or if it is not recognizing that there is data in the field.

We are using IFS10.

In case it is needed, here is the File Template build I am using:

External File Template

I have tried to simplify it down to just the bare bones.

Thanks, Ron

icon

Best answer by rvanden5 20 July 2022, 16:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The method Ext_Payment_Util_API.Start_Ext_Payment is not built for sending in WAY_ID in the file, or as in your example set it as a default value on the field. Instead the value used as WAY_ID is the one sent in as a parameter.

I guess you are using the “External File Assistant” so try to add a value in the parameter and see if it works.

Btw: The value you have as default value is incorrect, a payment method can only have capital letters.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Tomas,

We have a user defined Payment Method of ‘EMPTY’.  That was throwing the same error, though I had that hardcoded and not being pulled from the file.

I tried putting EMPTY in the indicated text box and got the following error:  Same error when using CHK.

Error Message

Thanks for the suggestions, Ron

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Tomas,

Looks like I needed to put in both the Payment Institute and the Payment Method.  I worked it down to the bare bones of what was needed, entered payment institute and payment method and was able to upload the data.

Thanks for the help, Ron

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Tomas,

Sorry, I clicked on the wrong reply for answer.  Is there a way to remove that and put yours as best?

Ron

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello to the community, 

I am trying to add an ext payment file; when filling the data for company, payment institute, I get a dropdown with list of available values; but when selecting dropdown on payment method, nothing comes out even though i connected many payment methods to this institute.

Do you by any chance know why I don’t get a list here? the final error message after uploading file is that WAYID should be filled; I check on the header section and WAYID is here as SEPA, a payment method linked to my institute and found on the file upload.

Please let me know if you think of any reason for that

Tanya

Badge

@MelTanyaS  were you able to solve the problem ? i’m facing the same issue 

Thanks !