Solved

Errors in External voucher file load ID

• 25 October 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Dear experts ,

I am trying to upload a simple excel file to check the external voucher functionality . However , I've got below error. Can anyone of you assist me regarding this matter ?

icon

Best answer by Kalpa Veranga 25 October 2021, 14:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @XitThejaG 

If the issue is still there, could you please attach a screen capture of the setting in External File Template window? 

Thanks and Best Regards

Kalpa.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @XitThejaG 

You can save the file you are trying to upload as a TXT file with comma delimited columns and load again to check if the issue is related to separator 

The file is quite simple and I assume looks like this:

220020,,,,,,,,,,,,,-45000,,,-45000

This is correct format to be uploaded assuming that you are using the STDVOU system defined file template

However as @Kalpa Veranga said, please attach screenshots of settings in External File Template

Best regards,

Aneta

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Aneta Kuzora @Kalpa Veranga , Thanks for your comments and please refer below attachments.

I was trying to upload excel file as per below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @XitThejaG ,

Can you add a screenshot of detail tab?

Kind Regards,

Kalpa.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Kalpa Veranga @Aneta Kuzora Thanks for your valuable comments and kindly refer above screen prints . Further , I was trying to upload below excel file. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @XitThejaG ,

Looking at the template definition and your file loaded, I can see first column in template is voucher number, and if you are using automatic numbering of M vouchers, it should be empty. 
In your loaded data, first column contains value 110000.

Typically, IFS assign the voucher numbers, leaving this off the template. Also, the voucher type would also not be in the template, as the load type would typically drive voucher type. If you need to reference an existing system / numbering process this data can be entered in the reference. This is a common template I use for testing. For real life, add additional attributes, for example the code parts.  In this simple example the amounts are all ± in column 3.

All records would have the same load group item (for example A).   If the file should create two different vouchers the first group of records could have load group item A, the second group could be B. - For example assume your loading a payroll file that contains true payroll values in the first section (Group A), but then statistical data in the second section (Group B). 

Using the above template - My external voucher basic data is shown below. 

You can establish any load type, I used P for a very specific reason. 

Kind Regards,

Kalpa.

Badge +1

Hi,

You must fill always the Currency Debit, Currency Credit and the Currency Amount Fields, the first field must be empty and you should have filled at least the Account, Accounting_Year and Currency Code.

For values consider the follow example 

Curr Debit = 100, Curr Credit = 0 and Curr Amount = Debit - Credit = 100

or

Curr Debit = 0, Curr Credit = 100 and Curr Amount = Debit - Credit = -100

I hope this can help you.

Regards,

André Lima

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Kalpa Veranga @poralima Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @XitThejaG ,

Looking at the template definition and your file loaded, I can see first column in template is voucher number, and if you are using automatic numbering of M vouchers, it should be empty. 
In your loaded data, first column contains value 110000.

Typically, IFS assign the voucher numbers, leaving this off the template. Also, the voucher type would also not be in the template, as the load type would typically drive voucher type. If you need to reference an existing system / numbering process this data can be entered in the reference. This is a common template I use for testing. For real life, add additional attributes, for example the code parts.  In this simple example the amounts are all ± in column 3.

All records would have the same load group item (for example A).   If the file should create two different vouchers the first group of records could have load group item A, the second group could be B. - For example assume your loading a payroll file that contains true payroll values in the first section (Group A), but then statistical data in the second section (Group B). 

Using the above template - My external voucher basic data is shown below. 

You can establish any load type, I used P for a very specific reason. 

Kind Regards,

Kalpa.

Interesting that the above was copied from another posting and entered as if it came from Kalpa.